GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Finished brakes, Macan fronts and PP rears. When I sent Brembo logos to my painter I didn't realize there were a pair of each size. Painter took that to mean that all of the calipers should get a logo. The rear calipers are of course, not Brembo, but the pads are, haha.
IMG_20210131_161803.jpgIMG_20210131_161752.jpg

No way to picture this but got DCC basic settings done which completes this retrofit on my TDI 😁. Haven't done a lot of driving yet but in Sport it feels pretty similar to my removed B8's in the curves. Comfort allows some roll and is where I'll be driving 99% of the time. In any mode other than sport DCC seems to do a good job of muting road imperfections, expansion joints and the like. The rear end seems a little stiff. I might try changing some adaptation values. The TDI is torsion beam rear and I have the Neuspeed bar on it as well. I'm not sure if it's causing an issue. In any case, it's no stiffer than the B8s I had before, just stiffer than I expected.

ACC retrofit is complete and activated as well. Have to get used to it but seems to work well. Gotta learn to read the graphical indications. At this point it seemed to be regulating speed based on the car one lane one over. They pulled up beside (and passed) me. Before they showed up the display was showing the car in my lane.
IMG_20210131_151439.jpgIMG_20210131_141250_093.jpg

Retrofitted blind spot monitoring works nicely as well. Its logic about when to show the warning seems pretty good, although I'm sure it just seems normal to everyone who has it, haha. Rear traffic alert is activated too but I don't intend to test it on purpose.
IMG_20210127_011852.jpgIMG_20210127_011913.jpg

Brake pedal is softer than it was with the six piston calipers I had before which suggests to me, unsurprisingly, that it needs a better bleed. I'm going to need an alignment anyway with the new suspension so I'll include a bleed in that appointment.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Finished brakes, Macan fronts and PP rears. When I sent Brembo logos to my painter I didn't realize there were a pair of each size. Painter took that to mean that all of the calipers should get a logo. The rear calipers are of course, not Brembo, but the pads are, haha.
View attachment 201917View attachment 201918

No way to picture this but got DCC basic settings done which completes this retrofit on my TDI 😁. Haven't done a lot of driving yet but in Sport it feels pretty similar to my removed B8's in the curves. Comfort allows some roll and is where I'll be driving 99% of the time. In any mode other than sport DCC seems to do a good job of muting road imperfections, expansion joints and the like. The rear end seems a little stiff. I might try changing some adaptation values. The TDI is torsion beam rear and I have the Neuspeed bar on it as well. I'm not sure if it's causing an issue. In any case, it's no stiffer than the B8s I had before, just stiffer than I expected.

ACC retrofit is complete and activated as well. Have to get used to it but seems to work well. Gotta learn to read the graphical indications. At this point it seemed to be regulating speed based on the car one lane one over. They pulled up beside (and passed) me. Before they showed up the display was showing the car in my lane.
View attachment 201920View attachment 201919

Retrofitted blind spot monitoring works nicely as well. Its logic about when to show the warning seems pretty good, although I'm sure it just seems normal to everyone who has it, haha. Rear traffic alert is activated too but I don't intend to test it on purpose.
View attachment 201922View attachment 201921

Brake pedal is softer than it was with the six piston calipers I had before which suggests to me, unsurprisingly, that it needs a better bleed. I'm going to need an alignment anyway with the new suspension so I'll include a bleed in that appointment.
Awesome work man, I can appreciate how much time and effort all your retrofits have taken.

There is a setting you can change in obdeleve /vcds to stop the ACC from regulating against cars in other lanes. I forget exactly what it is called, something about overtaking I believe. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll dig around some more.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Very impressive! What was involved with the ACC retrofit? I assume it's extensive but that and the active info display are the only things missing from my SE that I pine for regularly.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ordered the Trackslag 4 " DP this morning and I already received a tracking notification that it will be delivered on Thursday of this week. Roughly 4 days from the UK and I can't get mail delivered from across town that fast. Trackslag has great service.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Washed my car in the rain then immediately pulled it in the garage to dry it off. My neighbors, and wife, probably think I'm neurotic but hey, as soon as its nice out my car will be clean and ready to go.

Purchased a BFI stage 1 dogbone bone insert and removed the clutch spring but haven't tested it out yet.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Where did you get those? They are really nice
https://blackbadges.co.uk/

I dechromed them, the center part snaps out carefully and can be put back in easily.
3DD0136F-5369-4148-9DAD-B9768A00602E.jpeg
When spraying paint on any plastic clean with alcohol and use plastic adhesion promoter. I originally tried to plastidip them but that stuff never comes out smooth for me and nicks too easily.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I installed some LED lights in the side view mirrors and turned off the soundaktor. The car is much more pleasant with that thing off.