GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Installed the HPA IS38+ today, I'm really happy with the extra power.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
... but I forgot about the metal tabs under the plastic cowl...
Just reminded me I need to order these three tabs. Dealer didn't re-install them after changing my struts, along with not reinstalling several screws on my skid plate. They never responded to my emails/calls about them. Needless to say, not my service center anymore.

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Just reminded me I need to order these three tabs. Dealer didn't re-install them after changing my struts, along with not reinstalling several screws on my skid plate. They never responded to my emails/calls about them. Needless to say, not my service center anymore.
Fun fact: My 2017 only came with two of the three metal tabs/clips. That, or the dealer removed and lost one in the PDI, but I wouldn't think removing that panel would be part of the inspection. I've never gotten around to getting a new one.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@dlhoovler when are you getting that last one? Since you know it's missing you should let it bother you enough to find the part numbers for us, haha.

Installed a new button 😁
IMG_20210129_203522.jpg

And installed my visors, terrible pictures of my Golf S black interior conversion right about now...
IMG_20210129_203611.jpgIMG_20210129_203552.jpgIMG_20210129_203548.jpgIMG_20210129_203534.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Finally decided on new rims and ordered those, since you can't have silver rims with a Nardo grey wrap. That's just heresy.

They're some no name brand, so they were cheap as hell. Like $600 for all 4. Vors TR37. Definitely... "heavily inspired" I guess you could say, by the Volk TE37. With the added bonus of being less for a set of 4x than a single Volk rim...

1612022409434.png

Still 18x8.5, with a slightly lower offset, so will actually sit more flush than my current Neuspeeds. They probably weigh a ton, but that doesn't bother me at all.

So if anyone in the New England area is interested in a well loved set of silver Neuspeed RSE11's for pretty cheap, let me know. Depending on how long these take to ship, should have a set up in the classifieds within a couple weeks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Finally decided on new rims and ordered those, since you can't have silver rims with a Nardo grey wrap. That's just heresy.

They're some no name brand, so they were cheap as hell. Like $600 for all 4. Vors TR37. Definitely... "heavily inspired" I guess you could say, by the Volk TE37. With the added bonus of being less for a set of 4x than a single Volk rim...

View attachment 201712

Still 18x8.5, with a slightly lower offset, so will actually sit more flush than my current Neuspeeds. They probably weigh a ton, but that doesn't bother me at all.

So if anyone in the New England area is interested in a well loved set of silver Neuspeed RSE11's for pretty cheap, let me know. Depending on how long these take to ship, should have a set up in the classifieds within a couple weeks.
Those look like my Motegi wheels.

https://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/motegi_race/mr_mr131trklt_brz_pdpfull.jpg

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Finally got the new APR intake in the mail after a 3 month wait. The filter is a mega chungus, its huge!

Its a really tight fit against the (+) terminal cable if you have an oversized battery

Attachments

• FDD9AAA5-8E39-4CCC-80CC-612D99A2D1C4.jpeg
    FDD9AAA5-8E39-4CCC-80CC-612D99A2D1C4.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 92
  • AC934429-EC8D-45BC-85B5-4E4971E9A5E6.jpeg
    AC934429-EC8D-45BC-85B5-4E4971E9A5E6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Overall, it's a pretty common basic 5/6 spoke design. I'm extremely picky though, and there was an aspect of many others I didn't like. Like those Motegi's for example, not a fan of the wording on the spoke, as well as multiple lug holes in the center. The Enkei T6S was a consideration, but Fitment Industries told me they were discontinued in the size\color I was looking for.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

View attachment 201712

Nice. These are very close the Saga’s.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Overall, it's a pretty common basic 5/6 spoke design. I'm extremely picky though, and there was an aspect of many others I didn't like. Like those Motegi's for example, not a fan of the wording on the spoke, as well as multiple lug holes in the center. The Enkei T6S was a consideration, but Fitment Industries told me they were discontinued in the size\color I was looking for.
I got the Motegi because they only weigh 17 lbs in the 17" size.