GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

The Butcher

Autocross Newbie
Duckbill spoiler on the GLI
Screenshot_20210124-191431_Gallery.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Newbie
I don't know how to get good pics of it but nearly the full black interior got done today. Went from Gray (Golf S) to Black. Got B, C pillars, front/rear overhead and visor lights (LED), and set of 4 grab handles from eBay. Ordered the Golf R headliner (because no sunroof)... for reasons unknown it's a few hundred less than the GTI S headliner. Miscellaneous things like new B pillar Airbag emblems, sun visor clips, triangle window trim ordered from the dealer (this stuff is all cheap). Broke down and ordered A pillars from the dealer... not cheap but hard to find used in decent condition, probably because they are a b**** to remove.

Also bought VW overhead clip removal tool VAS6427. You do need it for the clips up front... but I still had to fashion my own tools to remove the grab handles, made from two Harbor Freight pick sets. At this point I'm missing sun visors, do not want to pay new prices for them, still debating. And the driver A pillar isn't installed, waiting on the driver triangle window trim to be delivered.

After that I started the install of front DCC dampers to complete my retrofit, got the driver side done minus brake bleed. My plan of removing the whole strut/steering knuckle worked out great. I had to replace the knuckles anyway, going from 50mm Golf struts with steel knuckles to 55mm DCC struts with aluminum, so no additional work really. Was running Bilstein B8's though and their short height means most of the suspension easily falls out of place when unsecured. Didn't realize this until I went to put in the B4 Damptronic strut, which of course is stock length.

I'll post pics later, to make this post useful...

Starting point, can really see the address caster from the whiteline LCAs when the suspension is hanging.
IMG_20210124_140010.jpg

Strut removed with knuckle.
IMG_20210125_114904.jpg

New strut mostly installed.
IMG_20210124_181944.jpg

Last edited:

DrFunkalupicus

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I ordered a Euro switch and light sensor for my headlights and a rear sway bar. Does anyone happen to know the part number for the Moog end links?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Folding mirrors FINALLY arrived. Installed them this weekend. Took me about 1.5hrs to do both sides and code them. My stupid 2020 wouldn't do the mirror dip no matter what settings I tried in VCDS, so I caved and got the folding mirrors. Now everything works.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Folding mirrors FINALLY arrived. Installed them this weekend. Took me about 1.5hrs to do both sides and code them. My stupid 2020 wouldn't do the mirror dip no matter what settings I tried in VCDS, so I caved and got the folding mirrors. Now everything works.

are they pnp?

Deathbyart

Ready to race!
Excuse my ignorance but if anyone knows, do they offer folding mirrors with Blind Spot Monitoring?

Cuzoe

Autocross Newbie
Excuse my ignorance but if anyone knows, do they offer folding mirrors with Blind Spot Monitoring?
Yes they are available.. the part numbers sometimes change. I ordered mine from e-acca, as have many others. The housings (with BSM wiring) and glass are separate part numbers. Here's the snip of my order, from April last year. You can also order Asian market OEM power folding mirrors for cheaper and the nice thing is they can be ordered with the switch and required door modules (if yours aren't the right spec). But I haven't seen them coming with BSM wiring. It can be added but apparently it's a bit of a PITA. Search the forum for power folding mirror threads and you should find mention of adding BSM though.

Mirrors.PNG

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE