GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
OE Sports are on. Decided to rip the bandaid off now before shops get busy in the spring
Looks good, a very similar drop to my DG springs.

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
Yesterday. Last night actually. Got my Kicker sub/amp setup fully wired up & looking finished. Went to do some fine tuning with the amp & LC2i and something I've never experienced before happened. When either streaming Pandora or a playing music downloaded to my Motorola G7 Supra, the playback speed is probably around half or less. Also, my IU can't lock in to a single FM station. Had some mild white noise/static coming through the speakers after shutting the engine off. Immediately thought a bad ground was the culprit. Disconnected power at the battery and the noise was decreased, but still present. Music playback speed is still way, way slow & sounds gross. I'm nearing a point where I pull everything & sell it off:(

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Yesterday. Last night actually. Got my Kicker sub/amp setup fully wired up & looking finished. Went to do some fine tuning with the amp & LC2i and something I've never experienced before happened. When either streaming Pandora or a playing music downloaded to my Motorola G7 Supra, the playback speed is probably around half or less. Also, my IU can't lock in to a single FM station. Had some mild white noise/static coming through the speakers after shutting the engine off. Immediately thought a bad ground was the culprit. Disconnected power at the battery and the noise was decreased, but still present. Music playback speed is still way, way slow & sounds gross. I'm nearing a point where I pull everything & sell it off:(

Silly question perhaps but you didn't run power and signal wires together down the same side did you?

Did you try any other sources?

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
Oh no, definitely didn't make that mistake. Power on the driver's side. 2 pairs of 16ga speaker level wires for the LC2i, along with the Kicker remote 3.5mm wire on the passenger side. I DID rig a ghetto ground circuit, so that's my troubleshooting starting point. I've read that low battery voltage can bring up all sorts of weirdness.
I pretty sure it's not my phone, as when disconnecting from bluetooth, it streams fine.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Oh no, definitely didn't make that mistake. Power on the driver's side. 2 pairs of 16ga speaker level wires for the LC2i, along with the Kicker remote 3.5mm wire on the passenger side. I DID rig a ghetto ground circuit, so that's my troubleshooting starting point. I've read that low battery voltage can bring up all sorts of weirdness.
I pretty sure it's not my phone, as when disconnecting from bluetooth, it streams fine.

Yep, bad grounds will give you lots of problems. I've created more than one ground loop in my day. There's no mistaking that high pitched whine.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Awesome work man, I can appreciate how much time and effort all your retrofits have taken.

There is a setting you can change in obdeleve /vcds to stop the ACC from regulating against cars in other lanes. I forget exactly what it is called, something about overtaking I believe. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll dig around some more.
Thanks, I'm soooo happy to just be able to drive the car everyday if I want to. It's not like I had to do any retrofits but with all the parts sitting in my house/garage it felt like a lot of pressure, haha.
Very impressive! What was involved with the ACC retrofit? I assume it's extensive but that and the active info display are the only things missing from my SE that I pine for regularly.
There are a couple ACC retrofit threads here, on Vortex and TDIclub... I referenced those, although I didn't have to replace my ABS module. I'll post details of my retrofit(s) in build thread (shameless plug) in the next couple days.

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
Yep, bad grounds will give you lots of problems. I've created more than one ground loop in my day. There's no mistaking that high pitched whine.
I'm thinking I'll disconnect everything, as far as wiring and see if the playback speed problem persists. If it dose, I'll have to do a full uninstall & take it to the dealer.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT

"What did you do to your mk7 today?"​

Put a scratch in the front bumper while shoveling it out of a mountain of snow :(

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate Jersey, lol. On that note, I know other states have snow but I think I'm so over it. Ugggggggh.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Always shovel around the car, 6in buffer, then drive the car out, and then finish necessary cleanup!

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Dug her out. My XJ is buried now though. Lucky for me it doesn't run. :cry:

Attachments

• buried.jpg
    buried.jpg
    811.3 KB · Views: 96
  • buried2.jpg
    buried2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 99

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

"What did you do to your mk7 today?"​

Put a scratch in the front bumper while shoveling it out of a mountain of snow :(

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate Jersey, lol. On that note, I know other states have snow but I think I'm so over it. Ugggggggh.
Ugh. I was reeeal careful with it this morning, cleaning the first snow off my alltrack. Fortunately I have PPF over the front of the car so even if I do scratch it, it's not the paint itself. And I don't go as hard cleaning anything besides the roof, hood, glass, and sensors. anything stuck to the sides of the cars will come off in a way that won't be unsafe to drivers on the road (no big chunks flying in the air on the highway lol)