GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
What's the appeal? The door handles are all of 32" apart. I think I've used the rear handles or trunk sensor on our Audi a handful of times, mainly just to prove that they work. Aren't you getting into the driver door? Just open it there? I put my kid in first, but even then it's no trouble to just put my hand on the front handle first anyway. Now to be fair, my wiring into the rear pax door is all jacked up so maybe I should just do this to fix the issue without having to involve my unhelpful dealer.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
What's the appeal? The door handles are all of 32" apart. I think I've used the rear handles or trunk sensor on our Audi a handful of times, mainly just to prove that they work. Aren't you getting into the driver door? Just open it there? I put my kid in first, but even then it's no trouble to just put my hand on the front handle first anyway. Now to be fair, my wiring into the rear pax door is all jacked up so maybe I should just do this to fix the issue without having to involve my unhelpful dealer.

When I go to work I usually put my backpack in the back seat and always have to hit unlock twice or grab the handle twice. Small inconvenience I understand. So that got me thinking and I saw a while back that humblemechanic was able to get this done. I like OEM+ upgrades like this so I decided to start researching and pulled the trigger. I’m aware that this is not most people’s cup of tea and that’s totally fine.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
When I go to work I usually put my backpack in the back seat and always have to hit unlock twice or grab the handle twice. Small inconvenience I understand. So that got me thinking and I saw a while back that humblemechanic was able to get this done. I like OEM+ upgrades like this so I decided to start researching and pulled the trigger. I’m aware that this is not most people’s cup of tea and that’s totally fine.
It's not the same thing, but you can set it to unlock all doors with the first pull, but I realize there are reasons people don't always utilize that. I'm 6'2", Hispanic and carry a knife, so all doors open at once, if they get locked at all.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
It's not the same thing, but you can set it to unlock all doors with the first pull, but I realize there are reasons people don't always utilize that. I'm 6'2", Hispanic and carry a knife, so all doors open at once, if they get locked at all.

I’m aware there is the option to change that. I never wanted to for the simple fact that my wife occasionally drives my GTI if I’m doing maintenance or modifying her car so I prefer to leave that alone. This will just be a fun project that isn’t going to be terribly expensive but add a bunch of convenience in my opinion. There can almost always be an argument for any modifications to cars but we still do it anyway LOL.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I gave it the :cautious: for being a Golf with steering rack part number 5Q1423055M (w/o Dynamic Steering) instead of the steering rack part number 5Q1423056F (w/ Dynamic Steering). Presumably this is why I'm not feeling a difference in steering when I change (retrofitted) drive modes. In VCDS module 44 did let me select with drive modes or something like that but it seems my rack isn't capable.

I don't actually have any issue with how the steering feels but I can't go on knowing mine doesn't change with modes :ROFLMAO:. Does a new steering rack count as a retrofit? I thought I was done retrofitting 🤦‍♂️.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
made it up the driveway! Winter tires came in clutch. No way an R with all seasons could have made it up but who knows! Any Golf R with all seasons dare to try?!
88331192-61AE-4DD1-8D13-CF5507AF9282.jpeg

78DA96E3-4301-4A10-A571-4AE48D6FA292.jpeg

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
nice 2-door man. That thing is primo. I had a 2 door 2015, my first MK7. A rare breed for sure, only offered 15-16MY
Thanks! And yours is probably the only wagon I would buy. Green with 6MT and with performance not far from a Golf R after a tune but with more of a cargo capacity!

I wish there were more wagons around than SUV’s!

C’est la vie...

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Ugh. I was reeeal careful with it this morning, cleaning the first snow off my alltrack. Fortunately I have PPF over the front of the car so even if I do scratch it, it's not the paint itself. And I don't go as hard cleaning anything besides the roof, hood, glass, and sensors. anything stuck to the sides of the cars will come off in a way that won't be unsafe to drivers on the road (no big chunks flying in the air on the highway lol)

Anyone know how's the touchup paint pens for this car? lol. Thinking of picking one up for the Spring as it says to be applied in 60 degrees Fahrenheit minimum. I can touch this mark plus a couple others on the front.

made it up the driveway! Winter tires came in clutch. No way an R with all seasons could have made it up but who knows! Any Golf R with all seasons dare to try?!
View attachment 202107
View attachment 202108

Nice dude. My fresh winters made me feel like I had AWD in my driveway when getting out. Everyone else at the house was spinning tires and stuck. My land lord had to tow one of the cars out because the wheels were just spinning. My wife's car required a push. Ironically both cars are Honda Accords. Meanwhile when the land lord said, Okay, go for it, I blasted out of my spot with ZERO spin or problems. He laughed a bit because he probably thought mine would have more issues. I told him, snow tires man, it makes the difference...