GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Looks really good! Where did you purchase it?

Thanks. Amazon. Aully Park seller. $13. Size M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
Installed 034 Motorsports upper and lower Dogbone inserts today. For anyone interested, I just used my rhino ramps with 2x6s laying flat on the ground in front of them (not laying on the ramps, just on the ground.)

The NVH is increased but in a good way. It sounds and feels more burbly and vibrates my rear, and the connection to the driveline feels more direct.

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Installed 034 Motorsports upper and lower Dogbone inserts today. For anyone interested, I just used my rhino ramps with 2x6s laying flat on the ground in front of them (not laying on the ramps, just on the ground.)

The NVH is increased but in a good way. It sounds and feels more burbly and vibrates my rear, and the connection to the driveline feels more direct.

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

yeah i have just the lower as the upper was not a real thing, buying just the upper is like 35$ and the lower is 42 (which comes with upper). I feel like i should buy a new set of the package and sell the used one lol or give it away

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
yeah i have just the lower as the upper was not a real thing, buying just the upper is like 35$ and the lower is 42 (which comes with upper). I feel like i should buy a new set of the package and sell the used one lol or give it away

I had just the lower and 034 sent me a new one free of charge once I sent my old one back, so I ordered the upper separately. The NVH is stronger with both compared to just the lower, but I like it better. It feels almost like it changes the exhaust note because of the sound and vibration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I had just the lower and 034 sent me a new one free of charge once I sent my old one back, so I ordered the upper separately. The NVH is stronger with both compared to just the lower, but I like it better. It feels almost like it changes the exhaust note because of the sound and vibration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh so i should call them? Send the old back, then they will send me both?

Edit: probs cost more to send the old back (shipping) and buy new upper vs, just buying new lower and they will send the upper too

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
Got Continental Winter Contact SI tires in 205/50-17 mounted on refinished and powder coated VW Classix 17x7 wheels from a 2005.5 or 2006 Jetta. They could use some spacers, but I'm cheap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Rocketdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So this came in the mail today. It's a little longer than I'd prefer, but it looks ok. Especially since I lost the cap for the hole. Not bad for 16 bucks shipped.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That’s what she said.

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!

Edit: probs cost more to send the old back (shipping) and buy new upper vs, just buying new lower and they will send the upper too

I emailed customer service. Mine was bent when I removed it and they asked me to send a pic. It was cheap to ship it back, and they sent the new one as soon as I gave them the tracking number showing it was sent.

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Tell them to provide you with a shipping label. That's what I did.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Tell them to provide you with a shipping label. That's what I did.

i'll email them now and see if they do me any justice. im not really good with words but lets role the dice

Edit: also is it a pain to install, the normal bottom insert is easy peasy. but the upper i think you have to take out the pendulum arm? seems like a p.i.t.a but i never did take out the arm so idn

Edit 2: part of me feels like I should maybe go a different route, there is something like the spulen: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/SPUL...MI_Y7t_a-j5QIVif_jBx1hYAEMEAkYBCABEgKuFvD_BwE

its 1 piece, I guess over time it will get less hard, but maybe there is less NVH...

Last edited:

gulpozen

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI
Added the tailight eyelids and blacked out the reflectors a few weeks back. Added the black spoiler fins last night.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

Looking to do this! I've looked over the install guide and the upper mount is not mentioned anywhere. Do you know of any guides for the upper? I can't even visualize where the upper goes.