GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got my PS4s tires mounted tonight!!!
Went 235 and they don’t play well with the 25mm spacers like they did with the factory installed 225s. about the short ride I took though... wow !!! I’m feeling the hype, they feel night at day different, and my factory’s still only had 10k on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
You certainly want the car as level as possible. But fear not, if it shifts a tiny bit, you can push it back into place.

I was worried but I did it on ramps and had no problem lining it up.

I am absolutely loving the car with this mod. The sound is so much better, and the vibration or whatever-you-call it feels terrific. Whether it pulls harder, or just feels better while pulling, it’s a great mod.

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

Last edited:

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
Swapped over to NGK RS7 plugs cause tuner recommends one step colder plugs. Car started up fine and seems to love them

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Got my PS4s tires mounted tonight!!!
Went 235 and they don’t play well with the 25mm spacers like they did with the factory installed 225s. about the short ride I took though... wow !!! I’m feeling the hype, they feel night at day different, and my factory’s still only had 10k on them.

Brand new tires and fucked side walls already. Well, at least you're happy?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Haha, I wouldn’t call the side wall fucked. It was just some rub from the ride home and it’s back on the 20mm spacers now and it’s fine. I got to drive on the tires harder now too so I’m still very happy and impressed with them.

Navi

Autocross Champion
i rub like crazy on 245/40 michelins.. they are damn wide. I run the 4s in summer and currently the as3+. Almost stock height (maybe 1/2 inch drop if that) with no spacers on 18x8.5 +44 wheels. Gonna add some camber front and rear.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Ed's reps, and steel oil pan[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Two adventure days in a row.

Day 1: Since I purchased a front tunnel cover from e-acca and then installed an aftermarket dp with a resonator, the tunnel cover (it has a metal insulation layer) would vibrate either from the vibrating dp actually hitting it, or from the resonator sending sound waves, all of this under high load/WOT. So I decided to rotate the resonator a little away from the tunnel cover. Well, after I did that and was putting the v-band clamp on, the nut wouldn't budge. It either got cross-threaded, or the bolt threads got screwed up. Since my wife took her car to work, I had to walk a total of almost 11 km to a car repair shop and back for a new v-band clamp (I live in the middle of nowhere, so no uber). Considering I have a desk job, 11 km is quite a feat for me. Good thing is, the tunnel cover doesn't rattle anymore.

Day 2: My fuel line going to the hpfp came off while on the highway. The fuel stank up the entire car. The root cause: after installing an ethanol content sensor, I reused the factory clamp at the entrance to the hpfp. Well, that was a bad decision, not the type of clamp you want to reuse. Had my car towed for the first time. Went to Autozone, got different clamps and installed right there. It's tight as fuck now.

PSA: do not reuse factory clamps if working on your fuel line. Use ear clamps or clamps that have a screw that can be tightened.

Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Applied PPF to hood, bumper, lights, mirrors and rear deck.