Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Bumper all sorted for the Wagon

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
EQT 93 octane base map replaced my Cobb base map and

CTS Turbo inlet and silicone intake hose. Not a bad weekend!

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
I'm going to check the aiming and glare tonight after it gets dark. I'm hoping it keeps the same cutoff the halogen bulbs had.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's impossible, with the exception of maybe a select few LED models. The shape of the light, where the center of the light is, angle etc are all different from a halogen bulb. HID and LED need projectors to aim them.

Get a halogen back in one side and the LED on the other. Go to a garage door 20 feet out or so. You don't want any light above the center.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
It's impossible, with the exception of maybe a select few LED models. The shape of the light, where the center of the light is, angle etc are all different from a halogen bulb. HID and LED need projectors to aim them.

Get a halogen back in one side and the LED on the other. Go to a garage door 20 feet out or so. You don't want any light above the center.
OE LEDs on my Atlas are in a reflector-type housing...just needs to be designed for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Went el cheapo led low beam upgrade on the gti. Used Ebay adapters and off brand LEDs. Lights was 2nd hand for 5 bucks and adapters was 15, so not bad for non plug and play

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks good. Let's see some nighttime pics

I really hope you are never in an oncoming lane facing me. The glare from those lights, good lord.

At least they’re low. Coming from a Tacoma, it kills me the amount of truck owners that do the same thing with reflectors I’m lifted vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate it when a guy with a lifted truck and an LED lightbar stops behind me at a stoplight at night.

Here in central Texas, I have to drive 2 lane roads looking at the yellow stripe I.e. To the right and down and rely on peripheral to see oncoming cars, just so I'm not constantly blinded by all the jacked up trucks and even just newer cars with projector type lights that seem to blind me every time they hit a bump.
I wish all cars could go back to lower Kelvin lights as the whiter I.e. bluer lights are torture.

Can't wait to get some really annoying lights just to return the favor.

Its funny, I flashed a newer ford F150 because I thought he had his high beams on (this happens a lot). He then turned on his high beams...and I could barely tell the difference between his high and low. This tells me the low beams are way too bright. Silverado and most Toyotas are also guilty of this as well.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Picked it up. Yes I’m back. Dealer decal is gone..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Brake fluid replacement. I opted for a cheap air compressor powered suction style unit for under 30 bucks. I used to have a motive power bleeder but it got lost years ago.

The air compressor style works but it takes longer and you get a constant stream of bubbles due to air being pulled in at the bleeder threads (even after wrapping them with Teflon tape). For a newb, they might think the lines are full of air and spend all day and gallons of fluid trying to get rid of them.

In the end it came out perfectly fine, so I guess that's what counts.

If I had it to do over, I'd probably just buy another motive.