GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warranty 101: Warranty and You - TD1, recalls, updates, Magnuson Moss, etc...

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
I have the car back :) the turbo and the cat had to be replaced :D the cat had metal in it from the shaft which had broken up, there was no questions asked the dealer was very apologetic and did a great job. I did have the flash taken off so the car was stock when i took it back, my turbo was a "Q" revision and i was told that VW are on revision 8 at the moment APR did advise me to get the low output flash 296bhp rather than the high output 316bhp as the turbo issues still haven't been fixed yet!!

What revision of turbo did they put on? 702 T or 722 G?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
...returned to dealer with trans breakdown...engine/trans code. The dealer fixed the car and no mention of anything what so ever.

Seems like a lot of issues for a new car.......Seems like a lot of people have A LOT of problems after a tune (regardless of what warranty will cover or not), doesn't seem like a good thing for a new car....what happens after your warranty runs out?

I say this because I am about to pull the trigger on a new 16' GTI SE (hoping they have fixed the turbos by now?) and obviously am wrestling with the tune idea. Obviously I want it really bad, but the other side says wait 3-4 years and get the most of the warranty before it is possibly voided! I would be so angry if I had to replace a turbo on my own dime!

So does the APR turbo muffler delete just make the spool alot louder and more noticable?

Thanks guys

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Comments:

The VW dealer near me that is also an APR dealer makes you sign a waiver.

I was told (cannot remember by who) that APR's stock mode is not OEM, and that VW Corporate can read the code as not being OEM, if they wanted to deny a claim.

And, lastly, who is going to pay a lawyer to fight a denial, even if you're stock?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The Fed is correct, Arin@APR has stated repeatedly that their stock mode still uses their software, but with a map (boost, timing, fueling) that is as close to the OEM software as they can make it. The APR software is still detectable because the checksums and flash image won't match the OEM software.

If you really want to go back to 100% OEM, you must get flashed back by an APR dealer.

morganman

Great post!

I'm always amazed that some people believe they should be able to modify their car - specifically by tuning - and think; "Screw the manufacture", believing have a right to tune and the manufacturer should not deny their warranty.

Apply this logic to anything else you might buy, from a lawn mower to a TV, to a refrigerator.

+1

Mch101

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I have just had a recall on my nearly 3 week only GTD.....

Description:
Radlagergehäuse Prüfung

Date:
10-May-2015

Safety Recall ID:
40L2

davo441

Ready to race!
I'm not worry about warranty no more. I trust my mk7 gti that it will never break down, that's why we bought one right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

patarch

Ready to race!
I had a 722 G put on it was a T, although 2400 miles later im starting to see a bit of smoke on start up so back to APR to flash back to stock them off to the dealers again to test this theory again:confused:

Please keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F12

Ready to race!
I've been trying to find some information regarding what Volkswagen considers "wear and tear" when talking about warranty claims.

To summarize, I've noticed a very small area on my front bumper where it appears the paint has begun cracking underneath the clearcoat. The car is a little over 2 months old, is never abused or misused and generally babied. Honestly it isn't really noticeable, but I worry that it may get worse as the car ages.

It does not look as if it was hit by a rock as there is no surface scratching. When I say small I mean it would be difficult to get a good picture of it, but as I mentioned I'm thinking longevity.

Is this considered "wear and tear" or would this fall under manufacturer defect?

I guess it's a bit of a gray area and the overall decision would be based on the discretion of VW Canada/the dealer?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Jim Pattison VW told me to come to them regarding any "issues" within the first year. Part of the reason I waited for almost a year before going Stage 2. And, when I bought my Stage 2 parts (P/Tap tool and CTS DP), I noticed my leather seats looking more worn than it should. So I waited an extra 6 weeks to get new seat covers before installing my DP and tuning.

I'd go have a chat with your dealer to see what they say. Never hurts. Good luck!

F12

Ready to race!
Thanks, I think I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what they say. Sounds like they know how to make customers happy over at Jim Pattison. Usually seats would fall under wear and tear I think?

F12

Ready to race!
Thanks, I think I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Sounds like they know how to make customers happy over at Jim Pattison VW! I would assume leather seats would usually fall into the wear and tear category? Either way that's amazing service IMO

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
So I thought I'd come back and give another update since there was some debate about this. We have an outside detail company that does all of our sales cars, they work out of our dealership. One of them has a 2015 S3 that just blew a turbo with a couple thousand miles on his car. It's chipped with a downpipe. He towed it back to the shop that chipped his car and they reflashed it back to stock... not stock mode, STOCK. Then he had it towed over to us. The deal was if the scan tool couldn't detect that it was chipped we'd warranty the turbo because there would be no risk of or reason for Audi to deny the claim. It detected that it was chipped immediately. He's looking at about $3,000 for repairs.