GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vland mk7.5 Sequential taillight

Hyperlite

Go Kart Newbie
Can anyone comment on the quality of the Vland lights? Do they look/feel cheaper? How’s the figment? Any water leak rage or fogging issues?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Can anyone comment on the quality of the Vland lights? Do they look/feel cheaper? How’s the figment? Any water leak rage or fogging issues?
I don’t love them, but I don’t hate them. Considering they were about half the price of the euro spec versions, they are decent value. Fitment is a 7/10 if you take the time to adjust them. The harnesses plug right in and come with 7.5 versions if you need them. I would like to see better connectors for the sequential wire they supply for the turns and even thought about changing mine, but didn’t bother. The light looks a little uneven at an angle but doesn’t really concern me. The sequential turns look pretty smooth and I was surprised by that. The mounting hardware lines up perfectly and the gasket seals well against the body. Overall for value for dollar I would rate them a 7.5/10. Not the best; but considering the price you pay I would buy them again. Only thing I would change is getting them from a local supplier through Amazon. I got mine from alibaba and it was a shit experience.

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
@gixxerfool I wanted to pick up a pair until I saw that there was a decent brake light delay when hitting the brakes, I only have seen this in YouTube videos and haven't had the chance to ask anyone.

It looks like it only happens when the lights are off, the 3rd Brake Light comes on instantly but there seems to be like a 1/2 second delay for the tail lights to activate. Have you had this issue?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
@gixxerfool I wanted to pick up a pair until I saw that there was a decent brake light delay when hitting the brakes, I only have seen this in YouTube videos and haven't had the chance to ask anyone.

It looks like it only happens when the lights are off, the 3rd Brake Light comes on instantly but there seems to be like a 1/2 second delay for the tail lights to activate. Have you had this issue?
I’m not aware of it, but I can certainly check and let you know.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R

I checked and don’t see any delay, but that was sitting in my car. I may try again and get video.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I'm trying to find the YouTube video where someone mentioned it. I'll post it when I find it, thanks for checking!
Decided to pull the Ring footage from when I was checking the lights. looks ok to me. I wonder if the coding was incorrect or maybe even the wiring wasn’t done right.

Xta

Car(s)
Sorry for the delay.

You will need a terminal for inner-left body side tail lamp harness. you can source these from TE Connectivity or a supplier of their parts. Here is the VW part number 000-979-025-E for the actual wire. It’s really expensive for one wire, but it’s crimped with the correct terminals already and you can order from whatever VW stockist you would like.

Another option, since you need to remove pin 4 from the outer-left body side harness anyways is to snip it and reuse it for the third wire. if you go this route, I highly recommend you leave enough length in order to splice it back to stock if you want.

On the hatch side of the harness, you will need to locate the inner-right tail lamp harness connector. Pin 4 should be a black and blue wire. You will splice the third wire into this. You don’t disconnect it from the connector, just add on the third wire to it.

Run your new wire in whatever fashion you choose across the hatch to the inner-left body side harness connector. Plug the precrimped terminal end into space 4 which, if you followed the rest of the same guide should be vacant now as that wire is in spot three. So the new order from 1-5 on the inner-left should be:
1-gray black
2-red
3-blue black
4- new third wire from the inner-right
5-empty

This is Zero815’s guide, not mine, but it was the only information I needed to get this done. Mind my scribbling at the top.

hope this helps

View attachment 240810
One more question since i need to remove the 4th wire on left outter and do i need to do the same on the right Outter harness?
they both need to be covered and Tucked away?
If so that means i will have two wires on the outters ?
Wires 1 & 2

understand on the inners what needs to be done
Just alil confused with the outter wire that needs to be tucked away

ty mate

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
One more question since i need to remove the 4th wire on left outter and do i need to do the same on the right Outter harness?
they both need to be covered and Tucked away?
If so that means i will have two wires on the outters ?
Wires 1 & 2

understand on the inners what needs to be done
Just alil confused with the outter wire that needs to be tucked away

ty mate
The left gets removed and tucked away. The right side gets moved from pin 4 to pin 3 position instead.

Xta

Car(s)
The left gets removed and tucked away. The right side gets moved from pin 4 to pin 3 position instead.
Got it ! the leff on the outter gets removed and tucked away
And the right outter is moved to 3 i was alil confused right there
The inners you just move pin 4 to 3 ?