GOLFMKV

Turboparts Canada turbo thread

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
god you really have no sense do you.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKTmMF5n3N-/?igshid=ab4tp9o0w6n1
here’s a link that shows the time stamp on my dash cam with the 7.64 60-130 run.
not my fault that my car is quicker than others, being a manual shouldn’t make my car class any different from a roll like 60-130 is.
car can and will run 10’s. weather that’s on the JB version of the TPC20 or the BB.

Oh, I've got plenty. You're the one with no damn clue. Having a manual myself, it certainly does make a difference in 60 - 130 pulls because you have to shift and you are not going to shift faster than a DSG. Do I really have to explain everything to you? And your video doesn't show shit! You expect me, or others, to believe that a video of you driving on the highway proves anything when it shows nothing? Hate to break it to you but you are going to need a bigger turbo to get into the 10's and I'll top your Dragy time with mine...

Screenshot_20201211-005159_dragy.jpg

sportymk7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh, I've got plenty. You're the one with no damn clue. Having a manual myself, it certainly does make a difference in 60 - 130 pulls because you have to shift and you are not going to shift faster than a DSG. Do I really have to explain everything to you? And your video doesn't show shit! You expect me, or others, to believe that a video of you driving on the highway proves anything when it shows nothing? Hate to break it to you but you are going to need a bigger turbo to get into the 10's and I'll top your Dragy time with mine...

View attachment 206722
posting a run with -1200 d/a and 30° temps is like measuring your dick from behind your balls. also to add, if that’s a MQB car why haven’t you posted anything about being the quickest M/T for at least the 60-130 category.
you’re just about the only person here that’s saying my data is faked somehow. like what exactly do you want from me to prove that it is?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Hey this is great and all..

But TPC turbos fail at under 3000 miles, and they don't know why. That's what this thread is about.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
It's been almost a year now and we still don't know what happened to either turbo. Not sure its "jumping on social media to expose" when your friend buys a turbo you have, it pops, and he loses money because you were being a team player with the vendor, trying to work with them.

Oh and they "hook up" your friend and tell you to pound sand when you ask if you can upgrade to the newer turbo for additional money.

How weird is that?? Someone offers to pay you money to fix a problem and you refuse!! That's another illogical move by this vendor.
All of them?

Did they return the failed turbos?

I’m not sure what you mean by the failed to upgrade a friend? Are you saying to refused to take a used turbo back that was working fine for an upgrade? Would any manufacturer do this?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I’m not sure what you mean by the failed to upgrade a friend? Are you saying to refused to take a used turbo back that was working fine for an upgrade? Would any manufacturer do this?

It would be a smart move for TPC if you just had someone spend time and money to put in another TPC20 (possibly bad) in their car, after another TPC20 just popped within 2000 miles. Don't you think you have a possible problem at that point? The fact that they changed the design probably points to there being a problem. Someone is basically saying they will pay you more money to completely walk away from the problem, and they say no? That sounds like a stupid move to me. But of course, this thread was a stupid move, so I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
So you think a company should take back a good working product because someone else’s part failed with an unknown cause?

Let’s look at VW again, how many revisions are on the is20 and is38? Do they swap out every single part on a customer’s vehicle that has a new revision? Or do they warranty it if it breaks if you’re under that period?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So you think a company should take back a good working product because someone else’s part failed with an unknown cause?

Let’s look at VW again, how many revisions are on the is20 and is38? Do they swap out every single part on a customer’s vehicle that has a new revision? Or do they warranty it if it breaks if you’re under that period?
Let's get this straight. TPC is not VW. No VW rep has come on to a forum and slandered anyone. I suggest you not compare the two. Nobody thinks VW is TPC. I don't think we want to do the math of how many ISxx turbos were sold and how many actually failed. People have rehashed that again and again. So again, how many TPCs were sold and how many failed. If you can tell me the numbers, we can start comparing VW to TPC.

You also forget the part about paying what I assume is would be their cost for the exchange.

I'm actually not going to argue with you about this anymore because I can see you're trying to make a point based on your own personal experiences. Nothing I say will change that.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
god you really have no sense do you.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKTmMF5n3N-/?igshid=ab4tp9o0w6n1
here’s a link that shows the time stamp on my dash cam with the 7.64 60-130 run.
not my fault that my car is quicker than others, being a manual shouldn’t make my car class any different from a roll like 60-130 is.
car can and will run 10’s. weather that’s on the JB version of the TPC20 or the BB.

Taking data for what it is your 60-130 with comparable power to other vehicles is stupid fast. Others, including myself, are quite a bit slower with similar builds. I think of it as a scatter plot, we are the cluster in the mid to upper 8s range while you are the outlier in the mid 7s range. This leads others to question your results which is logical to me. I suppose I can throw in my lighter stats, a lighter hood, and a lighter battery and shave maybe 100 pounds or so but that's not going to give me that much of a difference.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Let's get this straight. TPC is not VW. No VW rep has come on to a forum and slandered anyone. I suggest you not compare the two. Nobody thinks VW is TPC. I don't think we want to do the math of how many ISxx turbos were sold and how many actually failed. People have rehashed that again and again. So again, how many TPCs were sold and how many failed. If you can tell me the numbers, we can start comparing VW to TPC.

You also forget the part about paying what I assume is would be their cost for the exchange.

I'm actually not going to argue with you about this anymore because I can see you're trying to make a point based on your own personal experiences. Nothing I say will change that.

I have no dog in the fight. I’ve never used TPC; I’ve had GPop, DBV2, and CTS.

Also I’m not comparing VW and TPC as a company. I’m talking about you want a company to take back a product that is still known good because there might be a different revision. Ask any company to do that and it would be the same answer of “no.”

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
OP thumbs up on this. I wish people tried harder to work things out with vendors before going public, or just not go public at all unless the circumstances are extreme. There is such a thing as install error.

Sounds like the complainer had an axe to grind.

Navi

Autocross Champion
So did you return the second one that failed?

No. I sent it to a turbo company in South Africa that makes YouTube videos and they are gonna do a full teardown video.