GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turboparts Canada turbo thread

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
No. I sent it to a turbo company in South Africa that makes YouTube videos and they are gonna do a full teardown video.
inb4: "you got paid by this competing company to conspire with your buddy to smear TPC, and sending it to them to do a teardown vid is all part of the plan"

1615989504696.png

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
OP thumbs up on this. I wish people tried harder to work things out with vendors before going public, or just not go public at all unless the circumstances are extreme. There is such a thing as install error.

Sounds like the complainer had an axe to grind.

Hey there! You new here? Do some research then come back and play. Thanks for stopping by.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I have no dog in the fight. I’ve never used TPC; I’ve had GPop, DBV2, and CTS.

Also I’m not comparing VW and TPC as a company. I’m talking about you want a company to take back a product that is still known good because there might be a different revision. Ask any company to do that and it would be the same answer of “no.”
Think of it more like TPC had a product that gave you aids. You're pretty sure you got aids from it. TPC tells you to keep quiet, then gives you another one of their same product. You take a gamble because you have no choice. You don't tell anyone, so your friend catches aids from TPC. TPC offers that person the cure to aids for a price. You tell TPC you also want the cure to the aids they gave you, and you will pay too. TPC says no.. they are only going to help one person with the aids they gave.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Think of it more like TPC had a product that gave you aids. You're pretty sure you got aids from it. TPC tells you to keep quiet, then gives you another one of their same product. You take a gamble because you have no choice. You don't tell anyone, so your friend catches aids from TPC. TPC offers that person the cure to aids for a price. You tell TPC you also want the cure to the aids they gave you, and you will pay too. TPC says no.. they are only going to help one person with the aids they gave.

Then you send your aids to South Africa so aids doctors can really tear it apart and see what is going on with the aids...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1615991186450.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Hey there! You new here? Do some research then come back and play. Thanks for stopping by.

So no, you don’t have an idea what kind of timing the car is making with a high ethanol blend? Be Interesting to see based on your dyno results.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

When you don’t have a true rebuttal this is what you get. Cool.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
So no, you don’t have an idea what kind of timing the car is making with a high ethanol blend? Be Interesting to see based on your dyno results.
Sorry! Forgot to reply to that post. my bad. And no. Jeff/UM like to keep their data to themselves. Although TBF, I don't actually recall asking them for specific timings based off ethanol blends. Or any timing for that matter. I did receive a couple .csv files from UM... I can send them to you if you truly want to have a look. I don't think they show everything in them from what I can recall...

https://datazap.me/u/navindralr/log-1602877133?log=0&data=12

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Sorry! Forgot to reply to that post. my bad. And no. Jeff/UM like to keep their data to themselves. Although TBF, I don't actually recall asking them for specific timings based off ethanol blends. Or any timing for that matter. I did receive a couple .csv files from UM... I can send them to you if you truly want to have a look. I don't think they show everything in them from what I can recall...

Looks like 19' up top, that Uni IC is doing well too.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

https://datazap.me/u/navindralr/log-1602877133?log=0&data=9-10-12-13&zoom=281-619

27 PSI, .81/.80 lambda, IGN_IGC(3) is the Cylinder 4 timing.

How drunk was your car when this pull happened?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
When you don't have the ability to understand others, this is what you get...cool

I think you should look in the mirror with that statement.