GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strut Mount replacement

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Haven't picked them up yet. Will go tomorrow. Tbd on the install date...maybe a few weeks before I have a chance to dig into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool thanks, please let us know since it will help the community in general. [emoji4]

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Got to it sooner than expected. Here are some pics of stock vs. 034. I changed the springs and shocks at the same time so I can't tell you if I feel any difference, but I can say they fit without any issues. You can also see how there is more rubber around the center hub and more around the bottom where it slides over the bearings. We will see how they do over time, but so far so good. They are pretty beefy. No complaints.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
^^^
So is the noise gone now?

Yes it is. No more noise.

I need to look at the stock mount again but it actually seemed okay when I took it off. There was some play in the bearing but nothing major. Maybe the mount and bearing separated and became unseated. Just a theory. Unfortunately it was late and I didn't think to check that before I took the strut apart.

Btw, does it matter how the end of the spring is positioned against the bearing?
On the reinstall I positioned the end of the spring against the thin side of the bearing to make it as level as possible. Not sure if that matters but figured it couldn't hurt.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Btw, does it matter how the end of the spring is positioned against the bearing?
On the reinstall I positioned the end of the spring against the thin side of the bearing to make it as level as possible. Not sure if that matters but figured it couldn't hurt.

Not too sure what you mean there.

The spring sits where it sits on the strut (against the lower stop on the strut seat) and then the bearing/mount combo (the bearing has to line up with the mount's mark/notch) just sits on top of the spring.
There isn't adjustability or a choice, per say. It just goes where it goes.

The bearing plate spins....but that doesn't matter, if that's what you're talking about

afman916

Ready to race!
Old thread bumpage, but did you ever get these installed/what are your thoughts? Looking to pick up some Koni Yellows in the not too distant future and want to upgrade mounts when I install them along with VWR springs.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Old thread bumpage, but did you ever get these installed/what are your thoughts? Looking to pick up some Koni Yellows in the not too distant future and want to upgrade mounts when I install them along with VWR springs.

Question on 034 Mounts?
If so, 034 are best.
OE second option.
ECS last.
OE and ECS are made with softer rubber. More movement, more noise.
For me 034 has been the best and I have run all 3.

Torque or have the shop torque all bolts correctly.
Important for quite ride. Do not guess.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Agreed with sandman. Have had my 034 mounts for a year now and no NVH complaints. I do recall some guys complaining about the 034 mounts but perhaps due to install mistakes? I haven't had any issues with mine and would recommend them if you want something other than OEM.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
indeed when i do shocks in the future, ill be getting rid of the ECS mounts and installing 034. noise on the drivers side since install with the ECS ones...