GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strut Mount replacement

nikhsub1

What?
Unless you want to do the job twice, yes. I swapped springs at less than 1k miles, one of my bearings started making noise and I had to replace it. I'd spend the money and get new mounts and bearings.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Are ECS mounts better? Or will OEM mounts and bearings be sufficient enough?

The OEM mounts are sufficient. The bearings are the same regardless. I've not heard any reviews on the ECS mounts yet. Would be nice though! An 034 motorsport rep told me they were also working on strut mounts for the GTI. I enjoyed theirs on my mk6.

ch0sen0ne7

Passed Driver's Ed
The OEM mounts are sufficient. The bearings are the same regardless. I've not heard any reviews on the ECS mounts yet. Would be nice though! An 034 motorsport rep told me they were also working on strut mounts for the GTI. I enjoyed theirs on my mk6.

I might get the ECS strut and bearing kit. It's only a dollar difference. Only thing holding me back is I haven't seen any reviews on them as well

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
The top mounts are sufficient until you get the car stiffened, look it up in the forum(s). Their rubber is too soft and the metal design inside them keeps changing with VW's revisions. The bearing is bulletproof, but remember to change it too if you change the mount.
As LeGti and others, I contacted SuperPro to ask them to manufacture a poly top mount. Take 2 minutes off your time to send an e-mail asking them the same thing, you will be thanking yourself when they will deliver the goodies!

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Anyone have the ECS or 034 mounts and bearings? I think my OE mounts are shot at 7K miles (with aftermarket springs/shocks) so I'm not keen on replacing them with the OE parts again unless the ECS and 034 options are noticeably harsher or noisy from the beginning.

Edit: went with 034 since they are local.

Last edited:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have the ECS or 034 mounts and bearings? I think my OE mounts are shot at 7K miles (with aftermarket springs/shocks) so I'm not keen on replacing them with the OE parts again unless the ECS and 034 options are noticeably harsher or noisy from the beginning.

Edit: went with 034 since they are local.

What's your take on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you want to do the job twice, yes. I swapped springs at less than 1k miles, one of my bearings started making noise and I had to replace it. I'd spend the money and get new mounts and bearings.
this