GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Joel

Ready to race!
Lazily spanked an ST on the way to work this morning.
Didn't even down shift, just rolled into it...

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
It’s excited to be able to finally breathe.
that's possible lol who knows it's running great so I'll ignore it.

Lazily spanked an ST on the way to work this morning.
Didn't even down shift, just rolled into it...
I've noticed that the St of this gen isn't that powerful unless you put a big turbo on it. Strat has made some nice gains with them. Stage to stage though, we've got them beat.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Dsg tune has been on the car for a few days. Not a fan of cobbs shift points. Sport is aggressive enough, but drive is too much. Always seems like I'm cruising at the threshold and it upshifts and downshifts constantly. I'm forced to pretty much shift myself all the time which defeats the purpose of having the dsg lol. Been running strats for 2 days and the shift points are a load better. Normal drive is the perfect combo of stock and Cobb. It doesn't race to get to 6th, but it keeps you up in power if needed and gets to 6th in timely manner. Still got mid 30s mpg coming home today. The tune is back in progress. As stated previously it was turned down due to slipping. Now with the added ic we'll see what strat can do with fbo is20 and no clutch limitations.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
that's possible lol who knows it's running great so I'll ignore it.

I've noticed that the St of this gen isn't that powerful unless you put a big turbo on it. Strat has made some nice gains with them. Stage to stage though, we've got them beat.

I got to drive an ST again for the first time since buying a GTI. My previous car was a big turbo ST. The ST is such a fun peppy car to drive. It feels so much quicker than the GTI but it is slower. It's why they all try to race as they feel quicker than they are. Their small turbo and low gearing is why they're so peppy and great fun for street driving.

Dsg tune has been on the car for a few days. Not a fan of cobbs shift points. Sport is aggressive enough, but drive is too much. Always seems like I'm cruising at the threshold and it upshifts and downshifts constantly. I'm forced to pretty much shift myself all the time which defeats the purpose of having the dsg lol. Been running strats for 2 days and the shift points are a load better. Normal drive is the perfect combo of stock and Cobb. It doesn't race to get to 6th, but it keeps you up in power if needed and gets to 6th in timely manner. Still got mid 30s mpg coming home today. The tune is back in progress. As stated previously it was turned down due to slipping. Now with the added ic we'll see what strat can do with fbo is20 and no clutch limitations.

Nice, let the power commence. :)

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I got to drive an ST again for the first time since buying a GTI. My previous car was a big turbo ST. The ST is such a fun peppy car to drive. It feels so much quicker than the GTI but it is slower. It's why they all try to race as they feel quicker than they are. Their small turbo and low gearing is why they're so peppy and great fun for street driving.

Nice, let the power commence. :)
Exactly I've driven an St and it feels quick but it's not. Kind of like a Miata lol big turbo St are impressive though you guys have done some damn good things there.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Exactly I've driven an St and it feels quick but it's not. Kind of like a Miata lol big turbo St are impressive though you guys have done some damn good things there.

It's amazing how cheap it is to mod an ST.

Badass big turbo systems are about 1/2 what we pay. Full EFR7163 kit with tune is like $3200. For an MK7 it's $5200+tune.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
It's amazing how cheap it is to mod an ST.

Badass big turbo systems are about 1/2 what we pay. Full EFR7163 kit with tune is like $3200. For an MK7 it's $5200+tune.

Yea the VW tax is high lol. We sell GTX2867 kits with tunes for around $2k lol. Even intakes and intercoolers are a lot more for the GTI/R

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Fuck shell lol I've had issues with them previously, so has Hoon. I had a bit in the tank and figured I'd throw some ethanol in to get some logs over to Alex before I go on vacation. This is with a 30 to 40 blend. Had about 25 miles and over 12 hours to stabilize. Only reason I had shell in the tank is where I was on my way home from work I needed gas. Never again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 10 times I'm an idiot. Sucks I'll be gone for over a week figured it would be wasted time in the Tuning process.

FineBottledWater

Passed Driver's Ed
Fuck shell lol I've had issues with them previously, so has Hoon. I had a bit in the tank and figured I'd throw some ethanol in to get some logs over to Alex before I go on vacation. This is with a 30 to 40 blend. Had about 25 miles and over 12 hours to stabilize. Only reason I had shell in the tank is where I was on my way home from work I needed gas. Never again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 10 times I'm an idiot. Sucks I'll be gone for over a week figured it would be wasted time in the Tuning process.

What is your preferred gas station? I have been using Costco 93 without any issue. I had to put Shell 93 in yesterday and the car is fine.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
What is your preferred gas station? I have been using Costco 93 without any issue. I had to put Shell 93 in yesterday and the car is fine.
I usually get mobile or Exxon but with my hour commute if I'm in desperate need I'll stop at one of 3 shells on the way or a marathon. I'm not too picky usually but shell has given me countless issues

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I use costco for all my gas. If no costco then Exxon. I haven't had an issue with Shell on my GTI though.
I've been fine with Exxon. It's just shell. 3 different stations not close to each other. Must be Florida stations. The octane has to be low.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I usually get mobile or Exxon but with my hour commute if I'm in desperate need I'll stop at one of 3 shells on the way or a marathon. I'm not too picky usually but shell has given me countless issues

My current daily driver tune is pretty mild (390whp/370wtq, only 6.8 degrees of peak timing).

I can get gas from anywhere and never see any knock...unless it's Shell, which gives me 1-2 degrees.

V-Power 93 is consistently the worst fuel available. Any other brand including the cheap no names offers better knock resistance.

This seems to vary by region. I've been to a bunch of Shells in the Northeast and they all suck equally.