GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Random question anyone have any ideas to troubleshoot a fob not working? Got no low battery warnings but out of nowhere it stopped. It's the main one I've used for 2 years so figured hell maybe the battery. Swapped it out and still nothing. I'm now using my spare.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

my key fob batteries have had to be replaced every 6-8 months on my car(not using knockoff brands either).

When you changed the battery did you see any sign of corrosion from the battery?

If the battery completely died it could of lost it's programming? Have you tried holding the fob up to the steering column. It's where you put the key when the battery is low to get it to register.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Random question anyone have any ideas to troubleshoot a fob not working? Got no low battery warnings but out of nowhere it stopped. It's the main one I've used for 2 years so figured hell maybe the battery. Swapped it out and still nothing. I'm now using my spare.

Did you drop it? Something could've come loose on the board. Open it up.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Did you drop it? Something could've come loose on the board. Open it up.
No havnt dropped it. I'm gonna take it apart tonight and check on it. Swapping batteries it still didn't have any life. The red light never came on.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
my key fob batteries have had to be replaced every 6-8 months on my car(not using knockoff brands either).

When you changed the battery did you see any sign of corrosion from the battery?

If the battery completely died it could of lost it's programming? Have you tried holding the fob up to the steering column. It's where you put the key when the battery is low to get it to register.

No I didn't put it under the column I'll try that. I just swapped batteries and tried to see if the red light lit up.

minorc

I do not have any saved Dynos. We only get the dynos if a customer posts or sends them to use.

It can take up to 2 weeks per revision. If you have questions though you can always PM me and I'll help where I can and if needed reach out to a tuner to get an answer.

Regarding the CEL, cna you PM me your order number and I'll reach out to a tuner.

Regarding ACC that is a seperate system. What is the issue you're having and when did it start. If you live in the NE try cleaning the car/bumper as it could be covered with salt.

Alex tuned me last year for stage 1 93 oct, immediately started getting ACC errors. I thought it was an unrelated issue so I bought it to the dealer and had the ECM replaced, they said there was a hard fault in the ACC system. Did not reflash tune.

Fast forward a few months, I install a downpipe and require a revision for stage 2 91 oct. Get my first tune from Alex, immediately ACC error in the dash again while driving, the sensor is clean from debris and obstructions. This time around I'm getting CEL's;

P0420/A44
P2270/49F5
P0606/431F

The first two CEL's are related to the downpipe install which can be turned off with tuning but the last code is PCM/ECM Processor fault. I've spoke to another member who is having the same issue related to tuning.

Just wanted to make sure that the downpipe codes will be turned off and this P0606 error is dealt with.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Alex tuned me last year for stage 1 93 oct, immediately started getting ACC errors. I thought it was an unrelated issue so I bought it to the dealer and had the ECM replaced, they said there was a hard fault in the ACC system. Did not reflash tune.

Fast forward a few months, I install a downpipe and require a revision for stage 2 91 oct. Get my first tune from Alex, immediately ACC error in the dash again while driving, the sensor is clean from debris and obstructions. This time around I'm getting CEL's;

P0420/A44
P2270/49F5
P0606/431F

The first two CEL's are related to the downpipe install which can be turned off with tuning but the last code is PCM/ECM Processor fault. I've spoke to another member who is having the same issue related to tuning.

Just wanted to make sure that the downpipe codes will be turned off and this P0606 error is dealt with.

I am writing you this via email as well but it should be something everyone knows.

COBB does not turn off any CELs completely. They stay in the background even if I disable them. Disabling them just prevents them from turning on the CEL on the dash but the codes can still be found active in the background if you have a downpipe for example.

This is done purposefully to not "fool" emissions equipment by COBB. There have been a number of recent high profile cases where companies who allowed tampering with emission codes (removing logic or preventing the CEL from popping up) have been made to pay large fine by the EPA.

Long story short, even if a code is "removed" via the tune, you will still find the code as active when scanning in the background. If you need to pass emissions in your area keep this in mind.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Stupid story time. Went outside today and couldn't get in my car. My spare that I've never used died today. Had to pop the handle off to grt in. Then sat inside and though maybe the physical ignition was where the non keyless cars were. Popped the plastic piece off and nothing lol sat for a minute thinking how the fuck am I gonna start this car. Then read the manual lol guess the key has an rfid or nfc type chip in it becuese holding it agaiat the column starts it. Bought new batteries and both work now. Crazy my spare that I've never used died, and neither fob told me in the car that I need to replace the battery.

Joel

Ready to race!
Passed emissions inspection yesterday.

Left my E30 tune flashed and my DP on.
Good feeling...

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Swapped out plugs today at around 15k. I previously have done it at 10 but decided to extend it this time. Here they are after 15k with heavy ethanol use. I decided to go the brisk route this time so we'll see how it goes. One issue I'm having though is the bolt holding the coil pack into cylinder 1. I've never had an issue with the previous 3 times changing plugs but it seems the hole on the engine is stripped. The bolt goes in and bottoms out, but just spins and barely hold tight. Good news it doesn't back out, but it isn't tight. The pack has a slight wiggle though it seems to be getting spark and running fine. Anyone have an idea if the stealership can deal with this? Maybe re tap it? Or am I on my own.

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
Swapped out plugs today at around 15k. I previously have done it at 10 but decided to extend it this time. Here they are after 15k with heavy ethanol use. I decided to go the brisk route this time so we'll see how it goes. One issue I'm having though is the bolt holding the coil pack into cylinder 1. I've never had an issue with the previous 3 times changing plugs but it seems the hole on the engine is stripped. The bolt goes in and bottoms out, but just spins and barely hold tight. Good news it doesn't back out, but it isn't tight. The pack has a slight wiggle though it seems to be getting spark and running fine. Anyone have an idea if the stealership can deal with this? Maybe re tap it? Or am I on my own.

If she's at the point of free-spinning you'll probably want to grab a helicoil kit. If you open a drill you can get them at any autoparts store and do it yourself. They usually have instructions on them and include the bit, tap, and tool.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
If she's at the point of free-spinning you'll probably want to grab a helicoil kit. If you open a drill you can get them at any autoparts store and do it yourself. They usually have instructions on them and include the bit, tap, and tool.
I've seen those before. They work better than just a plain retap? Are you able to use the original bolt?

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
I've seen those before. They work better than just a plain retap? Are you able to use the original bolt?

Helicoil in aluminum is stronger than aluminum alone and yeah, original bolt, just grab the correct size/pitch. If you were local I'd knock it out for you for a beer-beer and a half, so that should tell you how complex a job it is.