GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 - EQT - Autocross and the right plugs

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Reading between the lines, it really seems like EQT's recommendation is the "cover your ass" recommendation after their facebook group started obsessing about spark plugs. There were incidents where ground straps were cracking off in the cylinder, generally RS7 plugs, and various unverified anecdotes where this or that spark plug made all of somebody's knock go away.

Are the non-projected racing plugs the choice that is the least likely to give you problems when you're thrashing your car at high boost over and over? Possibly. Is a colder heat rating optimal for combustion under normal driving conditions? No. Is it economical to run an expensive racing plug with a short service interval on your daily? Also no. It's all tradeoffs that each owner must weigh. The most important thing is to inspect your plugs every now and then, if you gap em gap em correctly, and probably do steer clear of the RS7 plugs.

The EQT Farcebook page is a huge poop show of bad information. I've been in that group long before getting my EQT tune...and I've never seen so many people have so many issues with spark plugs.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Man they got people sweating over there 😂

F12A86BF-8B11-49C3-99A5-BC92B972CFB2.jpeg

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
The EQT Farcebook page is a huge poop show of bad information. I've been in that group long before getting my EQT tune...and I've never seen so many people have so many issues with spark plugs.

There are roughly 13k members there... not everyone know what they're talking about. But our mods and friends tend to do a pretty good job of correcting misinformation.

Issues with spark plugs are pretty common everywhere with this platform. Especially when people were running plugs from questionable sources.

-- Ed

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This is what happens when companies decide to use FB as the main platform for customer service, marketing, and sales... It ends up being a mess!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Can we pin this somewhere? Or maybe someone could create a Master Spark Plug thread to try and put a damper on all these spark plug questions.
haha...doesn't matter, I've posted this hear numerous times and in big spark plug thread we already have going. I found it in another thread just now searching "spark plug table".

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion