GOLFMKV

Stage 1 - EQT - Autocross and the right plugs

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah information on facebook is fed in an inherently ephemeral way so you just end up with people asking and answering the same questions every single day instead of contributing to an ongoing discourse. Old school forums are infinitely more useful for car communities...
search is terrible on FB. you'll get the same shit repeated 70 times because one guy is an expert because he has name recognition.
the companies that exclusively use IG are smarter I think. one of the best things eqt has done is that MQB FAQ page, aside from the silly spark plug stuff (ed's answer in this thread applies to what, 90%+ of their customers?) and is way better than endless random info from FB.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
This is sarcastic in case anyone took it seriously.

-- Ed
This is 100% a dumb question - is it possible for a cylinder to be lean and rich at the same time? Assuming the injector is clogged or not functioning properly to create an even mixture of air/fuel.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Man they got people sweating over there 😂

View attachment 271798

I saw this post too...and I honestly don't blame a new GTI owner for posting this question. This is what happens when you read weeks...or months worth of misinformation.

This is not a dig at anyone at EQT. I realize that they have a business to run and can't moderate a group with so many people. The FB page has just gotten so big that it's almost become a general Mk7 group.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I saw this post too...and I honestly don't blame a new GTI owner for posting this question. This is what happens when you read weeks...or months worth of misinformation.

This is not a dig at anyone at EQT. I realize that they have a business to run and can't moderate a group with so many people. The FB page has just gotten so big that it's almost become a general Mk7 group.
This 100%. I am a mod for the Alltrack/Sportwagen FB group and it's pretty good b/c a few of us handle the misinformation crap but I agree with you, with no real info/knowledge you will get that. I'm not in the EQT group b/c I don't have enough Xanax or dope to handle it....same with the general MK7 group.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
EQTs FAQ says not to mess with any potato (aftermarket) plugs/packs, OEM is the move.

Id also advise you to sick with more recent posted stuff. There's more actual data out these days instead of broscience

scrllock

Autocross Champion
EQTs FAQ says not to mess with any potato (aftermarket) plugs/packs, OEM is the move.

Id also advise you to sick with more recent posted stuff. There's more actual data out these days instead of broscience
it specifically recommends colder, aftermarket plugs. they also recommend running $140 of marked up raychem ground wire (because their customers think they're driving a japanese car in the late 90's) to remedy an issue with coilpack bolts.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
it specifically recommends colder, aftermarket plugs. they also recommend running $140 of marked up raychem ground wire (because their customers think they're driving a japanese car in the late 90's) to remedy an issue with coilpack bolts.
My bad I misspoke, I was trying to save another person from buying the red packs. Yes, colder plugs. I'm running rutheniums with a tighter gap without issue.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
This is 100% a dumb question - is it possible for a cylinder to be lean and rich at the same time? Assuming the injector is clogged or not functioning properly to create an even mixture of air/fuel.
Sure is. If one injector flows more than the others, that cylinder will run rich and the others will run lean. And vise versa of course.

-- Ed

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Sure is. If one injector flows more than the others, that cylinder will run rich and the others will run lean. And vise versa of course.

-- Ed

Appreciate the response - but I meant within a single cylinder. Say you have an injector that’s clogged and not atomizing properly, could you have lean and rich parts in a cylinder? 100% a hypothetical lol, and would really not serve any useful purpose, just curious.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Appreciate the response - but I meant within a single cylinder. Say you have an injector that’s clogged and not atomizing properly, could you have lean and rich parts in a cylinder? 100% a hypothetical lol, and would really not serve any useful purpose, just curious.

Not very likely. If an injector is clogged enough to not spray well, it will also not be delivering the same amount of fuel as the others. So that cylinder is going to be lean regardless.

-- Ed