GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 - EQT - Autocross and the right plugs

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Not very likely. If an injector is clogged enough to not spray well, it will also not be delivering the same amount of fuel as the others. So that cylinder is going to be lean regardless.

-- Ed
Appreciate it!

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
No, they're fun. Post pics of your used plugs so I can talk shit about them.
Can we all play this game?

10k miles, Ruths, .28 gap, EQT E30/91 used about 75%/25%

Next set of Ruths went in at .24
03E8BAD4-D0B7-4CE2-9350-1ACD65173D2A.jpeg
60418635-E37D-4A5F-9BC2-E8C4FA646B24.jpeg

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
Ruths were delivered over the weekend. Gapped and installed along with the Stage 1 tunes I picked up from EQT. I expected the files to take a few days to be emailed but they arrived within 2 hours. So that was pretty cool.
Had a long drive after work last night 150+ miles to and from destination and I averaged 30mpg which is the best mileage I've ever got on that particular trip. Before I would average around 26-27mpg.
I didn't really expect that but I'm totally cool with it. Car ran great, no issues. Did a pull or two but forgot to pull logs, I didn't notice anything obvious. Plan is to do a few logs this weekend now that I've picked up the eqt log settings. All in a solid experience.
Thanks everyone for the help!

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
Bro you can’t get a new tune and only do “a pull or 2” in 150 miles. That’s completely unacceptable. Ban.
hahaha. Come for me!
The drive was mostly on I70. And during the week with Ohio Highway Patrol? No thanks. Those dudes are just looking for an excuse- especially outside Dayton/Vandalia.
I didn't say anything about my daily drive home on the highway though.
I have a stretch of highway that's almost 5 miles, an on ramp thats is a pretty wide arc and another 2~ miles of highway. And I do all the pulls.

The downside being that there is a TON of construction in the area now and trucks are constantly pulling into the highway and throwing trash everywhere and I'm finding more and more rock chips. I think I'm going to have to find a new way home, or slow it down :cry:

In the next few weeks I have to head back to my parents place which is waaaay out in the country and there's a sweet 10~mile straight stretch that I cannot wait to try out. Hopefully I'll have my coilovers on by then.
(of course when I say pulls I DEFINITELY mean within the speed limit ;) - practice safe hooning kids )

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Sigh. FWIW, last time I changed plugs, #3 looked rich. So I might just ignore it 🤷‍♂️
Nothing actually looks bad so I don't think you have to be concerned.

-- Ed