GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R MHGERD - 2016 Golf R DSG Oryx White - The "not a build thread" build thread

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Getting the snow ball rolling, I have an appointment to have my ED springs installed as well as my spacers next weekend. Really looking forward to losing some gap and flushing out my wheels. Always bugged me out sunken the rear wheels are for a hot hatch.

After that me and AMEX are gonna need a rest ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Getting the snow ball rolling, I have an appointment to have my ED springs installed as well as my spacers next weekend. Really looking forward to losing some gap and flushing out my wheels. Always bugged me out sunken the rear wheels are for a hot hatch.

After that me and AMEX are gonna need a rest ?

AMEX?
Let me know how the ride changes after springs.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Yeah, you know, that fake money card that makes you do bad things. Between moving to a house and buying appliances and my car Im tapped out.

Will definitely post on the springs, but after talking to a few people that I trust their NVH meters the ride should be stock-like at worst, possibly even better in some cases. Ready to be amazed.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Spacers, insert and oil pan are here. Can't wait for Saturday for the install :cool:

IMG_20160927_151040 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

Also ordered some deautokey LED tail and reverse lights. I don't have any urgent plans to get Euro LED tail lights, so I thought I might as well make the most of the standard housings.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Install day at AU Tuning!

Going down!

Landed.

Very happy! It needs an alignment (next Saturday) and I might have some noises but we'll address that then. Spacers fit well, could probably push a 25mm in the rear honestly but I bet the alignment will take out a bit of camber and make it look more flush.

Crazy how "fat" the tires look now that it's lowered. I was set on sticking with 18's but now I'm not sure...

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Some better pics I snapped in the driveway:

frontsidetig by Jon Collier, on Flickr

front by Jon Collier, on Flickr

backside by Jon Collier, on Flickr

fronttop by Jon Collier, on Flickr

Sorry for the shots being so tight, 35mm prime lens on the camera and narrow driveway :eek:

I love the ride but I have something squeaking like CRAZY on my passenger front. Hopefully something is just a little loose, I haven't heard anyone having issues with the MK7 strut mounts yet :mad::mad::mad:

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Car is looking much better now. Keeping it Oem /plus?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Car is looking much better now. Keeping it Oem /plus?
Thanks! That's always my aim, for now I have no wheel goals so I made the best of the stockers. They might get some vinyl on the spokes to switch it up as well.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Post-Christmas update! Now that I have something to update about.

Car is at approx 11k miles, still loving it more everyday.

I've been having some issues with suspension noises, driver front ECS HD mount is shot/defective IMO, they were kind enough to send me a call tag and will credit me once it's swapped. Passenger side mount is dead silent, so I went with the same mount again for replacement, hopefully I don't regret that!

I hopped on board with the Helix DSP and sub addon for the base stereo when they dropped the price from ~$550 to less than $250. I paid $260 shipped, can't beat that!

Today I ordered some parts for the exterior, and I'm totally ripping off ray_mk7r's setup because it's so damn good. Sad to hear he's already moving on, but that just means I'll be more unique, right?

Flow Design front lip and Maxton Design rear spoiler extension in gloss black, inspiration here:

There might be some other smaller parts incoming, but my next big purchase needs to be WHEELS! I'm thinking something a little Racing, and a lot Revolution:

or

Leaning towards the NT03RR because they are new, and Enkei made a great decision offering an 18x9 ET45 5x112 fitment in the states. I thanked them personally on that decision. Would just have to settle for a 18x8.5 ET45 with some rear spacers on the RS05RRs. "Settle" haha.

DSL_G8

Passed Driver's Ed
What wheels was he running on his R? Were they Enkei as well?