GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precison Raceworks Stage 3 LPFP DIY/Tips

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Anyone else have a hard time getting the assembly seated back in the tank? I can't get it to seat flush no matter what I do. Feels like it's hitting the bottom of the tank before it seats up top. Hardest f'ng thing I've ever done!

You have the same tank basket issue I did. As someone else posted, check my thread in the R section to modify your pump and basket assembly so it's easier to install into the tank.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I did often, before I modified my pump as shown in my thread (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49547)

Once the pump was re-seated correctly, no more pump errors. Note that I also got them with the 525lph pump, which the OEM pump controller was not happy with. Daily driving was fine, but giving it the sauce with the EQT turbo had the controller going into protection mode which shuts the pump off momentarily giving you a dangerously lean condition.

Would recommend NOT going with a 525lph at present time.

I read that earlier and believe that doesn't pertain to my car, '16 GTI. I'm thinking Ed just needs to adjust some settings with my tune.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I read that earlier and believe that doesn't pertain to my car, '16 GTI. I'm thinking Ed just needs to adjust some settings with my tune.
Mine will throw codes for the fuel pumps sometimes, now I just throw codes for lean off idle cause of full e85

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
For those that have this kit, did you get or do you have a cel popping up for codes P308D00 and P2635 which pertain to the fuel pump? If so, what was the issue?

I've gotten it twice since installing this kit and would just clear them with OBD11 because there is no change in my car's performance.

Nope don't get those at all. Did you notify your tuner you did the lpfp so they can account for it in the tune?

pieguy

Ready to race!
Throttle Transfer Fuel Pump (FP) Engine speed too low
P308D
Fault status : 10101111
Active

Matt had to tune this out for my Walbro 525.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
For those that have this kit, did you get or do you have a cel popping up for codes P308D00 and P2635 which pertain to the fuel pump? If so, what was the issue?

I've gotten it twice since installing this kit and would just clear them with OBD11 because there is no change in my car's performance.

I get the P308D(RPM too Low) code but with a P3043(Mechanical Malfunction) code also with the 525 and it happens practically every time I slightly get on the throttle(code always triggers in the 3-5k RPM range) and start building boost. UM said they have seen it once before but I would have to drive 7 hrs yet again so they can do logs to fix it :(

They did say it's ok to drive it and I've logged everything related to fuel like HPFP rail pressure, the LPFP controller & pressure, injector timings, etc, and everything checks out, so I'm not too worried about it, just annoying to get a CEL the second time that code registers

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I did often, before I modified my pump as shown in my thread (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49547)

Once the pump was re-seated correctly, no more pump errors. Note that I also got them with the 525lph pump, which the OEM pump controller was not happy with. Daily driving was fine, but giving it the sauce with the EQT turbo had the controller going into protection mode which shuts the pump off momentarily giving you a dangerously lean condition.

Would recommend NOT going with a 525lph at present time.

Ok, so my basket has the blue top, not green, and had one fuel line connection and one harness plug. So I'm pretty sure now that your modification doesn't apply to my car. But, I will have it looked at this Saturday to make sure everything is still connected properly.

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
PR instructions say to tighten the screws completely down on the stand offs. One thing I noticed, when all the stand off screws are fully tightened, the fuel filter presses down quite a bit on the bottom of the basket and bows the bottom of the basket out. Did you notice that Diggs?

I just finished up my install, and the filter on the bottom of the pump is pushing down so hard on the bottom of the basket that I thought it was going to break the bottom of the basket out. Hopefully it will be good.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I just finished up my install, and the filter on the bottom of the pump is pushing down so hard on the bottom of the basket that I thought it was going to break the bottom of the basket out. Hopefully it will be good.

Mine was the exact same way. I'm thinking about taking the sock off completely so it fits. I cant get enough compression on the top to sit my pump in correctly so my float doesn't work the way it's supposed to. What do you guys think?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Mine was the exact same way. I'm thinking about taking the sock off completely so it fits. I cant get enough compression on the top to sit my pump in correctly so my float doesn't work the way it's supposed to. What do you guys think?

After seeing what my sock caught after I did an adjustment to the setscrews I would advise against. It was only in there maybe a few hundred miles.