GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precison Raceworks Stage 3 LPFP DIY/Tips

railroader

Autocross Newbie
It looks good, I almost went this route but I dont have access to a e station at will so it wasn't practical for me yet, it didnt look bad to do but I hate wiring
I not gonna lie man, port injection is a bitch to install. I could do it faster a second time around, but damn. The lpfp took a few hours, this took me 12+ hours across 2 days to install by myself on jack stands in the driveway. I wanted to get the wiring done not too half assed, and I'm done finally! Loading the tune now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

faid

Ready to race!
Yeah, I was reading the instructions and thought "Yeah, I could do this, but it would be a PITA." Heating up a metal port and melting it into the manifold sounds like something I'd fuck up though. Kudos to you.

Why not get a Euro-spec manifold to do the MPI? I bought one locally from my local club member. Has the holes for the MPI

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
How bad is the wiring?

Reading Precision Raceworks description of their setup it says, "While the system is essentially plug-and-play. . ."

I don't see install instructions, but that statement lead me to believe it would be fairly straightforward; how wrong am I?

edit: I'm either blind, or a dumbass (or both). There's a massive link to the install instructions on their product page (though not on their "Install Guides" page. . .) Regardless, looks straightforward until step 42, when you bust into the 105 pin connector to the ECU.

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
This is going in tomorrow

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
We'll see what happens

Mars1

Ready to race!
I think you'll be okay. The side of the basket should help reinforce that part.

JB Weld will soften with ethanol and e-blend gasoline.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
It's in and appears to work fine, no major leaks or anything
I know it'd be ghetto, but JB-Weld is gasoline safe once cured.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
It's in and appears to work fine, no major leaks or anything

Ya once you cut up these baskets they are flimsy as hell. Mine didn't come out perfect but didn't crack that bad hahaha. I think you will be fine.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ya it's working ok. Only issue I had was I blew my fuel pump fuse because my meth pump was on the same circuit, once I relocated it's been fine
Ya once you cut up these baskets they are flimsy as hell. Mine didn't come out perfect but didn't crack that bad hahaha. I think you will be fine.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Anyone else have a hard time getting the assembly seated back in the tank? I can't get it to seat flush no matter what I do. Feels like it's hitting the bottom of the tank before it seats up top. Hardest f'ng thing I've ever done!

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Anyone else have a hard time getting the assembly seated back in the tank? I can't get it to seat flush no matter what I do. Feels like it's hitting the bottom of the tank before it seats up top. Hardest f'ng thing I've ever done!

Is the tank at least pretty close to empty?