GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precision race works MPI install

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Good to know. I'm just trying to figure out my best option to run just 93 pump, since I don't have any E pumps near me, and occasionally race gas on the EQT. I'm thinking just need to upgrade the hpfp?
Ya all you'll need is hpfp, talk to jay or he can chime in, he maxed out his stock fueling on pump and I just traded him my hpfp for his stock one

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

CandyR32

Passed Driver's Ed
I hear ya brother. I was worried about what happens when it gets hot after warming up, you know? So I emailed precision racing and this was their response-

"Looks like we are unable to post to this forum as we are not a sponsor, but you can rest assured the inserts have never pulled out for anyone that followed instructions. We were told directly by the installers who did have issues that they didn't follow our instructions as they didn't like them so they did their own method of install.

Attached are photos from a pull test where we heated the intake manifold up to 300degrees bolted it to a pallet rack and used a pull scale to show load. We actually pulled over 100lbs and never got the inserts to move any but didn't get pictures. Regardless 70+ lbs of force over 1 single insert when there are 2 on the intake manifold is significantly more force than the manifold will ever see in the real world. There are also several hundred kits that were sold last year, if this was a real problem it would be seen all over the forums with dozens of horror stories and photos. Forums are great for sharing information however the reliability of the information becomes questionable at times as people share what they have heard like it is fact. Short version is this isn't a problem and never has been a problem, there has only been problems with a couple people early on who did not follow instructions and it continues to get shared like it is fact when it isn't.

Follow our instructions as they are written without making any modifications to them and you will be fine and never have any issues.

Best Regards,
PR Sales Team"

I’m not going to get more into it, but I know for a FACT mine and two others where installed according to his “instructions”. I know ONE was installed incorrectly.

Last edited:

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Ya all you'll need is hpfp, talk to jay or he can chime in, he maxed out his stock fueling on pump and I just traded him my hpfp for his stock one

Yeah this is a fact. 29psi on pump maxed out the stock fueling system.

I don't really want to run more than 400wtq on my engine, and pump+meth will get me close enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Yeah this is a fact. 29psi on pump maxed out the stock fueling system.

I don't really want to run more than 400wtq on my engine, and pump+meth will get me close enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you had a 450lpfp with the eqt turbo, do you think that'll suffice instead of getting a hpfp? For 93 pump I mean.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Random stupid question. Do any US spec GTI/R’s have mpi from the factory? Or is that just euro models?

None in the US have it. I think all of North America is DI only.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
925cc kit