GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precision race works MPI install

railroader

Autocross Newbie
are you gonna run an aftermarket fuel pump control module?
Wasnt really planning on it. Ill see how everything goes and what Matt (moose) says. He said to just run the 450 and try it first. I'm sure the 450 would be fine for me since I really wont be running full e85 since I run out of a 55 gallon drum out of my garage and closest station is 130 mile round trip. I am thinking about getting and filling another 55 gallon drum to make my garage a big bomb with all the ethanol, methanol and welding gases

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Wasnt really planning on it. Ill see how everything goes and what Matt (moose) says. He said to just run the 450 and try it first. I'm sure the 450 would be fine for me since I really wont be running full e85 since I run out of a 55 gallon drum out of my garage and closest station is 130 mile round trip. I am thinking about getting and filling another 55 gallon drum to make my garage a big bomb with all the ethanol, methanol and welding gases

ya, i'd like to see what to limit is with a 450 on just the ecu tweak and then with a controller like the torqbyte one

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Might be able to pull a bit more out of it with larger wires.

I know the ground is a little skimpy

Mars1

Ready to race!
lol, they want you to buy their twin pump kit instead i guess.
i'd like to see someone with a torqbyte controller and a 450 and see if that is enough to run full e85 at 32-34psi

Right on, you'll likely need the hpfp and lines too to safely run full e85 at 34 psi. I'm on stock hpfp and lines, at 30 psi boost the rail pressure is okay on the 450 and stock controller. I grounded the 450 to the body close to the pump with a large ground strap.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Install the rail before you install the intske manifod. Also make sure you have the injectors in a warm location before you try to install the fuel rail. The injector seals get hard with the cold and it’s impossible to put the rail on. Silicon spray works fine for the seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Install the rail before you install the intske manifod. Also make sure you have the injectors in a warm location before you try to install the fuel rail. The injector seals get hard with the cold and it’s impossible to put the rail on. Silicon spray works fine for the seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, ya I was planning on putting the rail on prior, I was just going to use motor oil for the seals. It doesn't get to cold here it will be in the 60's-70's this afternoon

danvphotos

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, ya I was planning on putting the rail on prior, I was just going to use motor oil for the seals.

Depending on the material of the seals, you may want to avoid using a petroleum-based lubricant, could cause them to deteriorate and fail quicker.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
A walbro 525 on paper pushes 4-5% more than the 450 presumably at a higher current draw. Need to figure way to add a second 450. Your right, a hpfp won't help.
We will see what I can get out of then 450 with the eqt, I may run full e85 just to see, but mainly I just plan on probably like e40 or e50 or something, I'll see what kind of boost, timing and power I make, I also spray a lot of meth right now

CandyR32

Passed Driver's Ed
Do yourself a favor and keep and eye on those shitty ass melt-in inserts. POOR design! They can push right back out and fail, they should be barbed to bite in as pressure is applied. ;)

Ask me how I know.... LOL

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Do yourself a favor and keep and eye on those shitty ass melt-in inserts. POOR design! They can push right back out and fail, they should be barbed to bite in as pressure is applied. ;)

Ask me how I know.... LOL
How do you know lol, well if it does fail it will fail with me because that's just the kind of luck I have always had