GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Looks pretty good, mode 22 will be quite a bit slower than the high speed ram logger mode. Also, you can deselect things you dont want or disable DSG logging to speed it up a bit.

But overall considering how many things are being logged, this is still like an order of magnitude faster than VCDS logging or other options.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
A little bit. I heard some guy made a How To guide. He's probably an idiot though.....

Hehe.
Is it on the OS tuning server or..? I'm thinking of finally moving to OS to eliminate clutch-in cold starts and because I want to adjust throttle sensitivity to my liking.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Install one of these and things will be fine with the powerflex.

https://roc-euro.com/products/roc-euro-drivetrain-stabilizer-for-mqb-8v
Hmm, that's interesting. My HPA mount is starting to get on my nerves. I have the black race puck in there now since the red street one was starting to separate and they don't offer it anymore to get parts. Maybe this with a slightly softer puck from another company would make me happy. I was considering the Unitronic one as it looks great but is very spendy.

SnowyLCR

Ready to race!
Perhaps a stupid question but would a Eurodyne Powertap work with open-source or different protocol for flashing?

Any recommendations for j2534 device except Techtrix that’s tried and tested?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Perhaps a stupid question but would a Eurodyne Powertap work with open-source or different protocol for flashing?

Any recommendations for j2534 device except Techtrix that’s tried and tested?
VW_Flash works with tactrix. Read his notes on what's required from a j2534 adapter, most won't work.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
The a0 or esp32 based clone is the best option-- works for both Simos tools and VW_Flash, wired and wireless.

I have some extra A0s if you want to buy one, if you're in the USA. Be happy to load it up with the latest firmware and help get you started.

HardHeaded

Car(s)
MkV Sportwagen
I'm interested in participating. Former professional SQL dev, former Elasticsearch Solutions Architect. Plenty of experience in various coding languages and log streaming, aggregation, and searching. New to VW tuning but have messed around with console and android hacking in the past.
JCY#9450

Last edited:

ironicbadger

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 MK7.5 R EQT Stg1
The a0 or esp32 based clone is the best option-- works for both Simos tools and VW_Flash, wired and wireless.

I have some extra A0s if you want to buy one, if you're in the USA. Be happy to load it up with the latest firmware and help get you started.
Yes please!

Kent42

Car(s)
Audi S3 2018
Hello Guys. Can you tell me how to correctly increase the air mass request in Mass air flow maps setpoint for torque intervention, valve lift and CAMs - selective for low port flaps position ? At a request above 23 psi, the boost starts to close the throttle

fs_builds

Car(s)
GTI 6MT
Hello Guys,
Current setup Stage 2 GTI 6MT with HPFP from IE and FlexFuel. Currently tuned by IE

In the mail there is a new Mamba gtx3071R D5-7, 535 LPFP Hoses and MPI kit

Goal power, Would love to be around 500 and must be on FlexFuel, cause even if E85 available in Florida, sometime you might end up in an area where there none, so having the ability to auto-adjust is awesome.

I am pretty good mechanic, do most of my stuff myself, and now trying to learn ECU tuning
Got a drink the CoolAid! :)

baldwhiteguy

Car(s)
2017 VW Jetta GLI
o7 fellas,

Current Setup for my 2017 GLI (manual): Ultratronic 3" turbo back exhaust, CTS cold air intake, CTS turbo muffler delete, CTS turbo outlet pipe, Neuspeed Intercooler, CTS throttle pipe
New parts: Chinese aluminum intake manifold, Precision Raceworks MPI kit with flex fuel setup, ethanol sensor (even though I don't buy ethanol laced fuel), PR fuel lines & SAI block off (for cleaning), APR catch can
Part I never got around to installing... yet: Turbosmart diverter valve

I don't have a tune and have never had a tune. I did change out most of my plumbing early on after buying the car used (I'm the 2nd owner). This is my 3rd Jetta, first was a 2003 TDI, loved that car.

I try to do all my own work. I'm self employed (linux system administrator); ITSP operator, yes I'll take the red pill.

As an opensource advocate/user/administrator, I want to learn to tune my car. Been reading and saw the direction of Cobb and decided I I'd like to avoid that route. I'd like to do some water/methanol injection/hho etc...

discord: baldwhiteguy

Thanks in advance