GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

MikeBuzz

Car(s)
Golf R
Hi all, i have been a lurker for a while now and have been looking to get an A0, i have finally managed to get my hands on one today.

The car is currently running a stage 1 from Mountune, who are using Ecutek, so has some features such as map switching, the issue is i want to go stage 2 but they dont support this so am looking at using the OS to make the required changes

Scan of car shows the following

VW ECU Hardware Number : 06K907425B
VW ECU Hardware Version Number : H13
VW Spare Part Number : 5G0906259E
VW Application Software Version Number : 0007
Boot Loader Identification : SC8.1 CB.00.00.90 C02.00 SC8
VW System Name Or Engine Type : 2.0l R4 TFSI
Engine Code Letters : CJXC
VW FAZIT Identification String : SME-RBG18.11.1420171099

Where is the best place to source the frf files from?

also could i get an invite to discord .mikebuzz or MikeBuzz#9207

thanks in advance

Another option would be to use these guys

https://russellroadracing.co.uk/products/multi-map-flex-fuel-simos-tools

Not sure if anyone has used these guys before

Last edited:

baldwhiteguy

Car(s)
2017 VW Jetta GLI
Hi all, i have been a lurker for a while now and have been looking to get an A0, i have finally managed to get my hands on one today.

The car is currently running a stage 1 from Mountune, who are using Ecutek, so has some features such as map switching, the issue is i want to go stage 2 but they dont support this so am looking at using the OS to make the required changes

Scan of car shows the following

VW ECU Hardware Number : 06K907425B
VW ECU Hardware Version Number : H13
VW Spare Part Number : 5G0906259E
VW Application Software Version Number : 0007
Boot Loader Identification : SC8.1 CB.00.00.90 C02.00 SC8
VW System Name Or Engine Type : 2.0l R4 TFSI
Engine Code Letters : CJXC
VW FAZIT Identification String : SME-RBG18.11.1420171099

Where is the best place to source the frf files from?

also could i get an invite to discord .mikebuzz or MikeBuzz#9207

thanks in advance

Another option would be to use these guys

https://russellroadracing.co.uk/products/multi-map-flex-fuel-simos-tools

Not sure if anyone has used these guys before
Thanks Mike for the link. This thread may have been on life support when we posted. I emailed Russell Road racing a couple of times and got no response. Did you order their tune?

MikeBuzz

Car(s)
Golf R
Thanks Mike for the link. This thread may have been on life support when we posted. I emailed Russell Road racing a couple of times and got no response. Did you order their tune?
I did some research and joined the Discord channel. Kalam at RRR knows his stuff so I was happy to go ahead and bought both the ECU and TCU tunes from him. He guided me through the flashing process, and once it had been fully flashed it now drives like a different car, I was originally running a Mountune stage 1 ECU and TCU tune, but the difference is surprising, gear changes are a lot smoother and quicker, there seems to be more urgency when pushing on, but still when just cruising normally it’s relaxed and smooth

I suggest joining the discord, there are a number of “Pro Tuners” so I am sure you will either find someone that can either help create your own files or supply you with a staged tune

I am glad I made the switch, can’t wait to go stage 2 next

MikeBuzz

Car(s)
Golf R
Kalam/RRR may just be swamped with work, usually he's good about getting back right away.

For anyone on facebook, this group is also a good place to start for simos tools info /getting into DIY tuning: https://www.facebook.com/groups/92615416180329

I would suggest join both the wealth of knowledge these guys have is outstanding, it’s a very helpful community and there are many members willing to help newbies out with getting started.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Don't just ask for invites. A better idea would be to tell me/us:

1. What your current setup is (hardware, tune, etc)
2. What your prior tuning experience is
3. What your technical background is
4. What your goals are

This really is a red pill or blue pill situation. You take the red pill, you'll lose your current tune if you have one and you'll retune your car from scratch. You'll need to learn a lot of new stuff. You may never live in peace again because you'll always have the ability to tweak. You'll see the world of tuning differently and you won't sleep as easy at night. The red pill isn't for everyone.
Stock motor, 3.5 the, mounts, suspension, brakes, brushless pump, torqbyte controller. Have a trx770, big slic, 1300cc mpi on deck but can't get the scratch together for a syvecs.
No prior tuning experience, but I'm a certified Audi tech and helicopter mechanic with 20 years of mechanical experience. I understand the mechanical principles that are stressed by tuning.
Goals: 530ish on pump, 600 on E, stock motor, probably upgraded clutch pack. The only thing the syvecs does that OS won't, at least currently, is rolling anti-aging, which I'm willing to forego for the potential 5-6000 dollar savings.

I have a good friend who is a professional tuner who's willing to help me with the tuning aspect. May I please go to the discord?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Stock motor, 3.5 the, mounts, suspension, brakes, brushless pump, torqbyte controller. Have a trx770, big slic, 1300cc mpi on deck but can't get the scratch together for a syvecs.
No prior tuning experience, but I'm a certified Audi tech and helicopter mechanic with 20 years of mechanical experience. I understand the mechanical principles that are stressed by tuning.
Goals: 530ish on pump, 600 on E, stock motor, probably upgraded clutch pack. The only thing the syvecs does that OS won't, at least currently, is rolling anti-aging, which I'm willing to forego for the potential 5-6000 dollar savings.

I have a good friend who is a professional tuner who's willing to help me with the tuning aspect. May I please go to the discord?
Who's your good friend who is a professional tuner? Please keep in mind there is a software license that goes with this stuff. The license prohibits commercial use unless specific permission is granted.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Who's your good friend who is a professional tuner? Please keep in mind there is a software license that goes with this stuff. The license prohibits commercial use unless specific permission is granted.
He doesn't do vw. GTR, TT V10, FK8 type R

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
He actually did my ecutek tune. The shop has since abandoned use of ecutek for the mqb platform, and doesn't make anything or offer tunes for us. He said the tuning side of the ecutek mqb suite was trash, especially compared to other platforms he tunes via the same method. Basically offered to help if I found an OS solution for myself. He didn't even want to tune it on syvecs, I was going to have to have iroz or someone do it.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
So do I get to play, or do I need to sell my kidney for a syvecs? I'm almost 40, should still be worth at least 5k tho