GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nine81's Silver Wiener Build

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I did drive a friend's Stage 2 R but always kind of assumed that it felt underwhelming because it was an APR tune, I recall feeling that my Stage 1 EQT felt quicker, or at least came on harder. I'll reach out as we get more into the traveling weather, it'd be cool to do like a mini meetup or something.
Ever down near Richmond VA and you can check out my PMAX on flex

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hopefully I'll get down that way for a g2g soon, I've got family in Williamsburg that we should really go visit. Also, Bojangles.
W'burg? nice....we'll get Drew (JerseyDrew) to meet us with his track demon.....

Also, Canes chicken...... 🤌

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
W'burg? nice....we'll get Drew (JerseyDrew) to meet us with his track demon.....

Also, Canes chicken...... 🤌
Raising Canes? I've heard the name before, never had the chicken but I love some good chicken. We'll figure out a date to come down, it's looking like a busy season though as we're trying to compete in a couple AX regions' series AND somehow prep for a vacation in August.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Man I heard a ton of hype about raising canes, they opened one by me and I tried it. Wtf, it was horrible. Soggy ass no flavor chicken tenders. How is this a successful business????
I wasn't blown away by it, but we just had a new one open near us and it was pretty good. yours must be whack.
I will say, I haven't even tried that supposedly awesome sammich from popeyes

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Man I heard a ton of hype about raising canes, they opened one by me and I tried it. Wtf, it was horrible. Soggy ass no flavor chicken tenders. How is this a successful business????
I wasn't blown away by it, but we just had a new one open near us and it was pretty good. yours must be whack.
I will say, I haven't even tried that supposedly awesome sammich from popeyes
Independent or chain, it all depends on the person doing the work

Or so I've read
There was a bunch of hype around here about Dave's Hot Chicken. I didn't find it awful, but I'm very, very spoiled; Chick'n has an absolutely fantastic sandwich. Popeye's I would honestly say is better than Dave's, just because Dave's was more expensive and the taste didn't reflect the cost in my eyes. Agree though that it's all about who's cooking.

I miss Burger King chicken sandwiches, the ones on a sub roll. BUT, they'd always leave me feeling like I just ate greasy air -- no real 'full' feeling, so they weren't worth the calories.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
There was a bunch of hype around here about Dave's Hot Chicken. I didn't find it awful, but I'm very, very spoiled; Chick'n has an absolutely fantastic sandwich. Popeye's I would honestly say is better than Dave's, just because Dave's was more expensive and the taste didn't reflect the cost in my eyes.

I miss Burger King chicken sandwiches, the ones on a sub roll. BUT, they'd always leave me feeling like I just ate greasy air -- no real 'full' feeling, so they weren't worth the calories.
I just tried Dave's hot chicken last week. Another disappointment, I'm a sucker for a Nashville hot chicken sandwich but Dave's was mediocre at best and that's being generous. I've had black pepper that was hotter than their "reaper"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

It's mid ass chicken. One opened up around here recently, and there was like a 2hr wait for a week. I've had the one in Boston, and it's just 'alright'. The sauce is ok. The toast is the best damn part.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I just tried Dave's hot chicken last week. Another disappointment, I'm a sucker for a Nashville hot chicken sandwich but Dave's was mediocre at best and that's being generous. I've had black pepper that was hotter than their "reaper"
I'm a big bitch when it comes to heat. I order BWW medium wings and find them to be 'just right' in terms of heat level, so my trip to Chick'n had me thinking their medium would be a good fit.

Their medium does not fuck around, I'm scared to know what Damn Hot is like. Their scale is Southern, Mild, Medium, Hot, Damn Hot. Wife got either Southern our second time (she had Medium before and felt it was a bit much), and tells me it was a mistake. I don't think I'd ever deviate from medium, not just for the heat but also the flavors in general are delightful.

The only chicken sandy I fuck with is the ones from a local joint called Nan's. Secrets already out though, they got featured in the wash post.

Another one I'll have to try at some point when we're up that way again. Food tourism is my jam.

It's mid ass chicken. One opened up around here recently, and there was like a 2hr wait for a week. I've had the one in Boston, and it's just 'alright'. The sauce is ok. The toast is the best damn part.
There is zero chance I'm waiting two hours for food. Though there's some mexican breakfast buffet in Boston that we went to with our friends and that was fantastic, there was a bit of a wait but not two hours.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Yeah when it first opened there were lines, now a few months later it's always dead when I drive by. The Lord's chicken (BWW) is across the street so I don't expect canes to last

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Nan's is worth a trip, their flank steak is top shelf and the veggies should not be slept on either

Used to live right by that Canes in Boston as a student, it was good as student food where I could use my meal card and get a discount. Not felt the need to go back since graduating though.