GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I do not. Is it worth purchasing one?

is it just a USB to Ethernet adapter?
Yes, Probably not, this is only the second time time ive used it. I can send you mine to use if you want. DM me if your interested.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
My custom 32GB SD card was unexpectedly delivered today, so I tried it out and it works great 👍 Just in case anyone wants to go that way. Obviously the maps are still kind of bad, but for $12 and 0 effort, not too shabby. If you want to order one you can request this CID: 0941504d4942535402efeeeebe0117bb (serial number: BEEEEEEF).
There's a lot of fake SD cards on AliExpress though. You verified it's an authentic 32GB card? May you share the link?

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
There's a lot of fake SD cards on AliExpress though. You verified it's an authentic 32GB card? May you share the link?
I know what you mean lol, I had the same suspicions. It almost seems a bit lighter than my other SDs. As soon as I got it today I looked up how to verify it - downloaded a program called F3XSwift on my Mac that fills the card with data and reads it all back to verify. It passed the test, and not too shabby on the speeds, 80MB/s read and 40MB/s write. We'll see if it lasts but it seems OK.

Here's where I ordered from: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001047875832.html. When you go to checkout, you just specify a message saying you'd like the CID to be xyz. That particular CID I made up so I'm not giving out my stock serial (probably overkill).

I'm still gonna try the CID patch at some point, but with this 32GB card we'll probably be set as long as we can get updates.

jrl1644

Car(s)
2019 Tiguan R line
I am trying to download from MIB solution, but it is going very slow. It might take up to 3 days slow. Is there another link or place to download? TIA

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I am trying to download from MIB solution, but it is going very slow. It might take up to 3 days slow. Is there another link or place to download? TIA
Do you have a VPN by chance? I was getting very slow speeds like you and I tried setting my vpn (NordVPN) to Germany just for fun. And it actually made the download go way faster.

jrl1644

Car(s)
2019 Tiguan R line
Last edited:

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Anybody else notice how many new members are raving about ali in this thread? :unsure:
I've been buying off AliExpress for 4 or 5 years now. Everything from gym clothes to gym equipment to Nilkin screen protectors and cases and some electronics, including phones. Do your research and you're bound to get a good deal. A lot of products that are sold on Amazon and eBay are sold for cheaper on AliExpress. Take the VIOFO dash cameras or Anker products for example.

FWIW, I ordered from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003654712704.html with cid 09 41 50 4d 49 42 53 54 02 19 db e1 59 01 3b 01, and it worked on my NAR 2019 MK7.5 Golf R. Fast shipping too, 13 days to WA.
Do you know what brand the SD card is?

dordal

Car(s)
2017 Golf
Here's instructions on how to update, if anybody needs them:

1. Download the file linked in the first post with the maps update. You want MST2_NAR_V11_MAP_LATE_2021_5NA919866BF.7z This will take a VERY long time to download; for me it took almost a day.
2. Pull your current maps SD Card from your VW. Stick it in your computer. First, check if you have a 16GB card (Maps v7 and below) or a 32GB card (V8 and above).
3. Unzip it. Your computer may be able to do this automatically, but if not you'll need 7Zip (see https://www.7-zip.org/download.html).
4. DO NOT format the card. Instead, just delete the old 'maps' directory from the card.
5. If you have a 16GB card, you'll need to remove files from the new maps to make it work. Go into maps/01/sds. I recommend you remove all unimportant states & territories; specifically US-AK (Alaska), US-HI (Hawaii), PR (Puerto Rico), VI (Virgin Islands), MX (Mexico) and CA (Canada). OK, I'm being facetious, but delete states or countries you are unlikely to drive to. If you're in the continental USA, that combo will just make the data fit on your 16GB card.
6. Copy the new 'maps' folder onto to SD card.
7. Put the card back in your car. Go to Nav->Settings->Version Information and you should see that you have the 2021 maps.

Last edited:

builtospill

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I downloaded MST2_NAR_V11_MAP_LATE_2021_5NA919866BF.7z from that MIB website. The un-archived .7z file is about 16 GB, I was expecting it to be closer to 32GB since the V11 SD card comes on 32GB size card, or do they just not use all the 32GB of space on the OEM card?

However, I was able to copy the new map root folder of the V11 map from MIB Solution site and move it to my V7 SD card that came with my 2019 GTI Autobahn. I just had to delete a handful of states and territories from the SDS folder and it copied fine without and space errors. I guess it is updated because the former Tapen Zee Bridge in Hudson Valley of NY state is now Mario M. Cuomo bridge, along with some random new restaurants that show up in my town of New haven, CT.

I backed up the V7 maps and was also able to go back to it by simply by recopying the backed up folder on my computer, so nothing seems destructive or irreversible.

Last edited: