GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

jonese

Car(s)
22Tiguan 17Alltrack
FYI

NAR 2021 V11 showed up at MIB Solution about 2 days ago.

MST2_NAR_V11_MAP_LATE_2021_5NA919866BF

Presumably this is the latest version available. Works on my 2020 Tiguan.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
FYI

NAR 2021 V11 showed up at MIB Solution about 2 days ago.

MST2_NAR_V11_MAP_LATE_2021_5NA919866BF

Presumably this is the latest version available. Works on my 2020 Tiguan.
Hell yeah. Great find, thank you 👍

I really wonder who’s uploading these. The Robin Hood of VW maps, haha.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
The file is so big it doesn't fit in the 16GB SD card. What files are you guys deleting to make it work? I only need English. I'm going to try and delete Mexico and Puerto Rico in the \maps\01\sds folder.

Last edited:

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
The file is so big it doesn't fit in the 16GB SD card. What files are you guys deleting to make it work? I only need English. I'm going to try and delete Mexico and Puerto Rico in the \maps\01\sds folder.
I realized the same thing after unzipping it, whoops. Not sure what to do but I'll try doing what you mentioned, deleting Mexico/PR. Let us know how it goes 👍

Alternatively.. there are 32GB SD cards on AliExpress where you tell the seller what CID you want the card to have and it only costs $12. If I can figure out how to find the CID I might order one.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I realized the same thing after unzipping it, whoops. Not sure what to do but I'll try doing what you mentioned, deleting Mexico/PR. Let us know how it goes 👍

Alternatively.. there are 32GB SD cards on AliExpress where you tell the seller what CID you want the card to have and it only costs $12. If I can figure out how to find the CID I might order one.
I ended up having to delete the \maps\01\sds\US-AK and US-HI as well. Hopefully that doesn't impact me when I go to Alaska or Hawaii... When am I going to Alaska or Hawaii? :unsure:

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Just tried it in my car and it works.

jonese

Car(s)
22Tiguan 17Alltrack

There are tutorials under Linux to get it from your original card.

My 5NA-919-866-AF 32GB card had CID data: 09 41 50 4d 49 42 53 54 02 19 db e1 59 01 3b 01

But you should verify for yourself.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
There are tutorials under Linux to get it from your original card.

My 5NA-919-866-AF 32GB card had CID data: 09 41 50 4d 49 42 53 54 02 19 db e1 59 01 3b 01

But you should verify for yourself.
Thanks - maybe I’ll just use your CID 😂 (Jk lol I’ll find my own)

I was researching this today because of nerdy reasons to figure out how it works. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that:
  • the CID patch involves commenting out blah_blah_PRODUCT_NAME=“MIBST” from a file in the MIB
  • The product name of an SD card is a 5 byte section of the CID
  • That 5 byte section of your card’s CID, for example, is “4d 49 42 53 54”
  • 4d 49 42 53 54 spells out, in ASCII “MIBST”!
So apart from that MIBST, I would guess the other bytes don’t really matter(?) This would explain the posts where people say they bought a used card from eBay and it works fine. It’s not tied to your particular car or anything. Gonna order one of these AliExpress cards to verify it for sure.

jonese

Car(s)
22Tiguan 17Alltrack
Yea, it's not tied/married to your car, just the platform.

jonese

Car(s)
22Tiguan 17Alltrack
Breakdown of CID

Manufacturer ID: Controlled and assigned by SD Card Association
0x09

OEM/Application ID: Identifies OEM or card contents, set by Toshiba, SanDisk and MEI
0x4150

Product Name: 5 ASCII Characters
0x4d49425354 [ASCII: MIBST]

Product Revision: 2 BCD Characters
0x02 [BCD: 0.2]

Product Serial Number: 32-bit unsigned integer
0x19dbe159 [Decimal: 433840473]

Manufacturing Date: 3 BCD Characters YYM where actual year is is 2000+YY (although it seems some don't follow!)
0x13b [BCD: 1 3/11]

CRC7 Checksum + always 1 in LSB:
0x01

iceorbital

Passed Driver's Ed
I had to delete a lot more than hi, ak, mx and pr on my golf R mk 7.5 v7 16gb sd card for things to fit, is it because of the formatting of the card?... does anyone know the impact of deleting those folders? I deleted NY and NJ and I could still seemingly search for and get directions to addresses on those states?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I suspect the waypoint data is separate from the "map" data if that makes sense. The addresses and POI's should just be all text, which would mean there's little space to gain from deleting any of it. The actual map images are what's probably being deleted. Can you zoom into the addresses in those states?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Can confirm the new NAR 2021 V11 from MIB Solution work on my 7.5 R, using the OEM VW 16gb card. I had to delete MX, PR, US-AK, and US-HI.