GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
did you reformat the card or delete everything in the card or just overwrite? Trying to diagnose what I did wrong
No I didn't have to reformat, just cut/pasted what was already on the card's root folder on to my desktop for backup, then cut/pasted the new map folder on to the root of the SD card. How much space does your computer say your SD card can hold?

jonese

Car(s)
22Tiguan 17Alltrack
It appears this second version (V11) was probably released in Aug (or maybe Sept) of 2021 and is the latest one available at this time.

1640056524537.png

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
I uploaded the latest maps set to the card and searched the local highways that were changed a couple of years ago. This update doesn't appear to show changes that were done back in 2019. It also doesn't seem to have any new restaurants in my area. Anyone else seeing that? For reference, I live near a newly built Costco in East Lyme, CT. Neither that, nor the road changes that were made in 2019 are shown.

Edit: I think I figured it out. It looks like that although this is a second half 2021 update, most of the map data is from late 2019, at best. See the posted date under any of the ANX folders in maps\01\nds\PRODUCT.

Last edited:

Bruce3661

Car(s)
GTI mk7.5
@geokilla sorry if I am asking noob question. I cannot access to both mib solution website (PW locked) and the Google drive share. Can u share whatever latest again? Really appreciate that! I really want to try to update the outdated maps.

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
Just checked and it still works for me. Just check the notes when you get to the site. It gives you the log in information for ‘guests’.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
If you have old Samsung EVO SD Cards laying around. The 32gb variety, you can change the CID number on most of them. You would need the linux subsystem installed todo it. Just throwing that out there, or if you have a dlink edub laying around you cant edit the MHConfig file and remove the CID check completely...

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I realized the same thing after unzipping it, whoops. Not sure what to do but I'll try doing what you mentioned, deleting Mexico/PR. Let us know how it goes 👍

Alternatively.. there are 32GB SD cards on AliExpress where you tell the seller what CID you want the card to have and it only costs $12. If I can figure out how to find the CID I might order one.
You can patch out the CID check using the dlink edub.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
You can patch out the CID check using the dlink edub.
I literally have an Ethernet adapter on the way haha, found out the same thing after searching a bit. I’m following mr-fix’s guide where you change the product and vendor of a generic one (Asix AX88772). To make it appear as a DLink. I tried the Amazon Basics one (AX88179) but it didn’t let me change anything, no eeprom read or write.

Have you done the CID patch before? I think I read that there’s no password when you log in to telnet. Just wanted to see if that was true or not. Then just go in and edit that line in MHConfig.cfg.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I literally have an Ethernet adapter on the way haha, found out the same thing after searching a bit. I’m following mr-fix’s guide where you change the product and vendor of a generic one (Asix AX88772). To make it appear as a DLink. I tried the Amazon Basics one (AX88179) but it didn’t let me change anything, no eeprom read or write.

Have you done the CID patch before? I think I read that there’s no password when you log in to telnet. Just wanted to see if that was true or not. Then just go in and edit that line in MHConfig.cfg.
For Delphi units yes. No password.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Well, it didn’t work for me. I backed up my original card, formatted, copied maps folder over and my unit tells me to insert a card with valid nav data. Oh well.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Well, it didn’t work for me. I backed up my original card, formatted, copied maps folder over and my unit tells me to insert a card with valid nav data. Oh well.
Try again? It worked for me and I'm on the latest maps. Maybe you missed a folder or something since the new maps are significantly larger than the original.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
My custom 32GB SD card was unexpectedly delivered today, so I tried it out and it works great 👍 Just in case anyone wants to go that way. Obviously the maps are still kind of bad, but for $12 and 0 effort, not too shabby. If you want to order one you can request this CID: 0941504d4942535402efeeeebe0117bb (serial number: BEEEEEEF).

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
curious, can you share a pointer to instructions?
The instructions depend on the type of unit
Do you have an dlink edub? If you do you can patch out the CID check. It is very simple.