GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

jonese

Car(s)
22Tiguan 17Alltrack
I downloaded MST2_NAR_V11_MAP_LATE_2021_5NA919866BF.7z from that MIB website. The un-archived .7z file is about 16 GB, I was expecting it to be closer to 32GB since the V11 SD card comes on 32GB size card, or do they just not use all the 32GB of space on the OEM card?
The map data went just over 16GB after V7, so they had to move to a bigger SD card size. The next card size after 16GB is 32GB.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Would anyone be good enough to see what the name of the sd card is? I reformatted mine and it has a default name from the reformat and I think that’s causing me issues.

jonese

Car(s)
22Tiguan 17Alltrack
I don't believe it has a volume name (blank), but I don't think that's an issue as it's using CID for validation.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I don't believe it has a volume name (blank), but I don't think that's an issue as it's using CID for validation.
It’s strange as it just keeps asking for valid map data when I insert the card. 2 different downloads and formats. This is an official VW card as well. Worked prior to attempting this.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
It’s strange as it just keeps asking for valid map data when I insert the card. 2 different downloads and formats. This is an official VW card as well. Worked prior to attempting this.
That happened to me too. Used my 2018 sd card to use the 2021 maps. It never worked again.

builtospill

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I initially got an invalid card error when I updated my card. I retransfered again, deleted more SDS folders to make it fit and it worked. I was also able to put my old maps back on and it worked fine. I have another map SD card that i’ve formated and copied maps onto and it works fine with any name.

builtospill

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I also uploaded a backup of my V7 maps to that mibsolution.one website. Its listed under the Submit>maps directory if anyone wants to play with that.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Ya, I don't use the nav often. Carplay is so much better. But I have an addiction when it comes to changing stuff on my car.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Ya, I don't use the nav often. Carplay is so much better. But I have an addiction when it comes to changing stuff on my car.
100%. I have noticed that about you. I think it’s awesome. I have been really considering the Dynaudio retrofit, but am struggling to justify the cost.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I didn't use the dynaudio speakers, that's most of the cost. While the aftermarket options are limited because of the impedance. I nice set of jbl speakers is half the cost of the oem dynaudio speakers.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
It was night and day to my ears.