GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Mine is just the regular automatic TSI but it still feels like there is something there.

You should be able to tell if it downshifts when you press all the way down and if it doesn't downshift when you stop pushing when the pedal gets firmer.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
You should be able to tell if it downshifts when you press all the way down and if it doesn't downshift when you stop pushing when the pedal gets firmer.

Okay I'll have to do some experimenting. I'm pretty sure the couple times I tried it before it did force an extra downshift however the rpms were so high it quickly shifted back up anyway.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
If you’re DSG, then yes.

Tried on my way to work this morning and now I feel stupid for having the car three years and not knowing about it.

I hit the button and kinda jumped a little because it freaked me out and it downshifted then I let the pedal up a little and it upshifted right away and let out the loudest DSG fart I've ever heard. I kept playing with it the whole commute and somehow shaved 6 minutes off my google maps ETA haha

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Okay I'll have to do some experimenting. I'm pretty sure the couple times I tried it before it did force an extra downshift however the rpms were so high it quickly shifted back up anyway.

So based off what you're describing, if you simply reread my post that you were quoting, you would've had the answer for yourself.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Tried on my way to work this morning and now I feel stupid for having the car three years and not knowing about it.

I hit the button and kinda jumped a little because it freaked me out and it downshifted then I let the pedal up a little and it upshifted right away and let out the loudest DSG fart I've ever heard. I kept playing with it the whole commute and somehow shaved 6 minutes off my google maps ETA haha

Love it. Enjoy the farts! Haha

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Seat belt is fraying. What to do? Trim and clean it up or take it to the dealer?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Stop using it. The thrill factor will increase exponentially when you push your car to its limits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A SWIFT pass with a cigarette lighter will clean that up easily.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

jbm119

Ready to race!
It seems to attract fleece materials from my shirt. I noticed it last wash so I used lint roller to clean it and it came out as same color of my fleece shirt. So, it might not be seatbelt fraying.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
My seatbelt hasnt started fraying yet but it does rub on the side of the seat where you buckle in. I need to get some of that felt tape and put some more on there to make it stop squeaking

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I’m fairly certain it’s from the Velcro on my jacket, I just haven’t had this happen in my previous car with the same jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk