GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I looked at my driver's seatbelt. It doesn't look anywhere near as bad as what's posted above, but it does seem to be fraying around where my seatbelt would make contact with a jacket zipper.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

theBrandler

Ready to race!
Is there a way to change the increment amount of the cruise control? 5mph is far too big to try to adjust to match traffic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
Is there a way to change the increment amount of the cruise control? 5mph is far too big to try to adjust to match traffic.

Have you tried the SET & RES buttons once CC is engaged ? SET to decrease speed by 1, RES to increase by 1 (mph or kmh depending on country)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you don't have DCC just click + or - to increase or decrease by 1 MPH.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

The "Res" when pressed after it is turned on and activated will increase it by 1mph and the "Set" will decrease it by 1mph.

theBrandler

Ready to race!
Have you tried the SET & RES buttons once CC is engaged ? SET to decrease speed by 1, RES to increase by 1 (mph or kmh depending on country)
No I hadn't tried that because they did not have any labeling suggestive of that functionality. Thank you! I will try this.

Mlyons1

Just a quick question. I’m new to the forum here. I’ve been looking all over and trying to find a way to replace my lower grille on my mk7 gti there is a chip missing out of the grille. It has the honey comb grill with the defat cut out. I just don’t want to have to take the entire front end off.

burrito

On the 2019 R model everything I’ve read says car performs to the numbers on premium gas. Will regular gas f up the car or just not get the fill up/torque?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
On the 2019 R model everything I’ve read says car performs to the numbers on premium gas. Will regular gas f up the car or just not get the fill up/torque?

Oh god no please not this question again

AdrianNikonian

Passed Driver's Ed

If vw doesn't call for premium fuel and you don't care about getting the most out of its performance and will go broke if you do, I don't see why you couldn't use regular IF you leave it bone stock!