GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

theBrandler

Ready to race!
If only there was some sort of book that explained how all the features of a car work ;)
Oh you mean the book that didn't come with my Pre-owned car that VW won't give me a pdf of like every other car company does, online for free?

No, instead we get a clunky slow interface online only accessible if you type in your VIN. Why?

Thankfully the dealer ordered me one and I'm picking it up tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Some companies place all the new car info. on a CD and people use them for cocktail coasters... :D

cinderbike

Ready to race!
Is there a way to disable the voice confirmation prompt (e.g. "Do you want to call X on X?" on the Discover Media system? I didn't see a setting in the infotainment menus.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't like reading manuals etc so for the first six months I had my GTI I was continually finding new things. It was like wow that's nice.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Is there a way to change the increment amount of the cruise control? 5mph is far too big to try to adjust to match traffic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

as already mentioned, if the silver paddle button with the +/- markings on them go in increments of 5, then that means your Set/Res buttons go up/down in increments of 1.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
On the 2019 R model everything I’ve read says car performs to the numbers on premium gas. Will regular gas f up the car or just not get the fill up/torque?

It shouldn't f the car up. but if you're in kansas/CO and you put family gas station 85 in then you're asking for trouble.

anyway, the R costs 40K. If you can afford an R and you don't want to put in premium, you're buying the wrong car.

hygge

2019 GTI interior lights

I have a 2019 GTI Rabbit and noticed that the interior of the front passenger side door has a small LED light behind the door handle (just above the window switch) but the driver's side doesn't. Is that normal or is my driver's side LED not working?

I can feel a small hole behind the handle like there's supposed to be something there but I have no idea if this is a defect or if VW made it this way.

Attachments

• vw-doorhandle.jpg
    vw-doorhandle.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 295

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I have a 2019 GTI Rabbit and noticed that the interior of the front passenger side door has a small LED light behind the door handle (just above the window switch) but the driver's side doesn't. Is that normal or is my driver's side LED not working?

I can feel a small hole behind the handle like there's supposed to be something there but I have no idea if this is a defect or if VW made it this way.
2017 GTI - both driver and passenger doors have that small LED

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

Yeah my 2015 S model has the LEDs behind both door handles. That's a warranty item.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Yeah my 2015 S model has the LEDs behind both door handles. That's a warranty item.

My 16 SE does not have an LED there... but the hole is there

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
JB 1 install

I'm thinking about installing JB1. I thought this would be easy for me, but now I'm not so sure. I searched the threads and couldn't find much info on the installation. I saw a video, and it was done on a lift. Is this correct I need a lift, or ramps, because of accessibility issues?