GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 gti v focus st

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
I have quite a bit experience with this topic. Friend at work, who now has a GTI, had a 15 Focus ST. Initially it was stock, then an off the shelf cobb map.. e85 mix.. and finally a protune with full bolt ons

For one, the Focus ST became slower each year. If you look at a review on the latest model they are mid to high 14s at maybe 97. Stock vs Stock, the GTI will pull. I believe these cars have a K03, they do not have much on the top end. Off the shelf cobb maps, only provide a 5% HP bump (check cobbs site) and a ton of unusable torque. Even on a protune, he was close to 270 whp. He could slowly pull on my 16 PP with downpipe only, but not by much. If I had the jump on him, it would take extremely illegal speeds to pass me

Finally, there is a thread on the focus st forum that was linked on this forum months ago. It's titled Volkswagen Lies, it's a bunch of owners mad they keep losing to GTI's, as they expect to beat their advertised 220/230 hp numbers.

We researched his car quite a bit before I finally convinced him to pick up a GTI. The stock turbo no matter how many mods and fuel will never walk a tuned GTI. They are doing Garrett swaps now, and those are legitimately quick.

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
wow thats pretty bad lol. big turbo and all with mk6 gtis still passing.
i wont be getting tuned till spring as i live in new England an its currently winter this being my first fwd car no need for more power and snow