GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 gti v focus st

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
This article is a good read for this topic. While paper doesn't necessary give you a result, it at least gives you an idea! Take a look at the acceleration results.

http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...ng-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-4

ST does seem to have the edge from a rolling start but not by a lot.

thats what im saying ive read that and on paper we should be neck and neck.

yes ive also seen stage 1 is about 100 wheel gain which is crazy im excited to tune it just planning on spring instead of mid winter

dc22

Ready to race!
If it isn't your driving, the FOST is tuned at a minimum. You obviously do not care but some people care about vids like this, especially on YouTube as it mis represents the GTI. People will watch this vid stating "stock vs stock" and think the mk7 GTI is a turd in stock form.

I think you're taking his video way too seriously bud. Even if the original poster didn't shift perfectly or whatever, this is a car forum which promotes sharing pictures and videos. Which is exactly what OP did. The gti isn't going to lose street cred because it lost to a focus St in one video. And even if it did, it's not like we are driving Z06s...the gti is a fantastic all around car; not a sports car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
I think you're taking his video way too seriously bud. Even if the original poster didn't shift perfectly or whatever, this is a car forum which promotes sharing pictures and videos. Which is exactly what OP did. The gti isn't going to lose street cred because it lost to a focus St in one video. And even if it did, it's not like we are driving Z06s...the gti is a fantastic all around car; not a sports car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay "bud"...
This is a vs thread for one and with cars that are direct competitors. This is also an open forum where people can state their opinion whether others agree or not. What I said wasn't inappropriate and didn't break any forum rules. Besides, the OP already explained that the video was private and was looking for answers of how his GTI could lose like that to a "stock" FOST, addressing my opinionated reply.

Last edited:

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Okay "bud"...
This is a vs thread for one and with cars that are direct competitors. This is also an open forum where people can state there opinion weather others agree or not. What I said wasn't inappropriate and didn't break any forum rules. Besides, the OP already explained that the video was private and was looking for answers of how his GTI could lose like that to a "stock" FOST, addressing my opinionated reply.
Totally agree! Perfect example is that one 2015 Mustang Gt owner that got walked on by a Stage 1 MK7 Gti. That video went viral, and the next thing u know everyone thinks a GTI is faster than the every Mustang Gt PERIOD...

It's always about perception. But when u get that tune u better get some payback, I hate when people lie about their mods. :)
If it isn't your driving, the FOST is tuned at a minimum. You obviously do not care but some people care about vids like this, especially on YouTube as it mis represents the GTI. People will watch this vid stating "stock vs stock" and think the mk7 GTI is a turd in stock form.

Last edited:

dc22

Ready to race!
Okay "bud"...
This is a vs thread for one and with cars that are direct competitors. This is also an open forum where people can state there opinion weather others agree or not. What I said wasn't inappropriate and didn't break any forum rules. Besides, the OP already explained that the video was private and was looking for answers of how his GTI could lose like that to a "stock" FOST, addressing my opinionated reply.

You seem a bit offended - it wasn't was my intent to upset you. We are in agreement that this is an open forum in which users are encouraged to speak freely; which is exactly what we are both doing. No need to take this any further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chadlogan112

Passed Driver's Ed
I sadly lost to a Fiesta ST this week at the track. Unsure of his mods, I'm completely stock. Think the Fiesta's though are a lot lighter, and only less than a second slower. First time racing GTI, and spun thru first, and second, he hooked up a tad sooner, as they had LSD, and beat me by 1/2 a second or so.

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
I sadly lost to a Fiesta ST this week at the track. Unsure of his mods, I'm completely stock. Think the Fiesta's though are a lot lighter, and only less than a second slower. First time racing GTI, and spun thru first, and second, he hooked up a tad sooner, as they had LSD, and beat me by 1/2 a second or so.

Lol trolls are so funny, learn how to drive sir

chadlogan112

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol trolls are so funny, learn how to drive sir

Nice thread contribution buddy, looks like you're the "troll"; found out his Fiesta was tuned. A car with a lsd is clearly going to gain traction sooner than one that is open. With his tune, the cars would be quite equal.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
So the Fiesta St has a LSD? must be aftermarket, cuz they don't come stock. And, if he did add an aftermarket LSD to his Fiesta ST, he is not messing around, that car is tuned and then some.

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry went with the mathematical odds of someone with a first post saying they lost around a track to a fiesta ST was just looking for people to have a stroke.

Glad to see it was heavily modified and you aren't just a bad driver.

If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll, sounds like a troll ah you get the picture.

Better luck in your next track time.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Yes, I was surprised myself!
Don't sweat it bro. That car was a track/autocross built car. Did it have a rollbar and Nitro as well...lol. Those cars handle really well STOCK, (wanted one for the longest time, but too small for me), so with those upgrades, it wasn't a equal race.