GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
True confession: I won't "warm my car up" before leaving the house in the morning because my exhaust is too loud ("aNd It'S bAd FoR tHe CaR") and I don't want to disturb my neighbors. I have a neighbor who also has a loud exhaust and it's annoying as hell when he just lets it run in his driveway for 5-10 minutes before he leaves the house every morning.

That's why I drive around at 8,000+ RPM in second gear to warm my car up faster.

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
I had a JB4 sitting in my closet for over a year because I live in a condo and can't work on my car there. But the truth is I was just being lazy about doing the work somewhere else (work or friend's place). I finally installed it 2 weeks ago, and can't believe I waited so long to hook it up.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
True confession: I won't "warm my car up" before leaving the house in the morning because my exhaust is too loud ("aNd It'S bAd FoR tHe CaR") and I don't want to disturb my neighbors. I have a neighbor who also has a loud exhaust and it's annoying as hell when he just lets it run in his driveway for 5-10 minutes before he leaves the house every morning.

That's why I drive around at 8,000+ RPM in second gear to warm my car up faster.
I for one think the whole "warm it up first" is somewhat a myth. Give the car 10 seconds to move some fluids around and get going.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Don't warm your car up, just drive gently at low RPM until it's warm. You're increasing engine wear by increasing the RPM's with a cold engine.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I for one think the whole "warm it up first" is somewhat a myth. Give the car 10 seconds to move some fluids around and get going.

The only reason to warm the car up in the driveway is to keep you from getting into a cold interior. It's not for the engines benefit.

Start, let fluids get moving, drive gently at low rpms until up to temp, then let her rip.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
The only reason to warm the car up in the driveway is to keep you from getting into a cold interior. It's not for the engines benefit.

Start, let fluids get moving, drive gently at low rpms until up to temp, then let her rip.

Ain’t nobody got time for that.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have an EQT Vortex on the way but I am still running stock trans and engine mounts.

I installed an EQT Vortex and still running the stock trans and engine mounts... Only thing I've done in that department is the Powerflex hybrid.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I wish there was an alternative to mushy stock engine mounts and aftermarket mounts that turn your car into a giant vibrator.

Will any of the RS3 mounts work? Are they stiffer?