GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Can you elaborate on this. I'm having evap issues i can't trace and have also flipped my catch can cleaning something and want to see if i have the same issue.
At least on the ECS can I'm using, the feed (line from PCV) goes into a vertical baffle as it enters the can, then goes through a horizontal baffle as it goes back to the upper part of the can. The instructions illustrate the reverse and standard flow.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't have a 1st gear synchro

And how does that make you feel?

JK, I can't imagine you really miss it. Just come to a complete stop before putting car back in 1st or blip the throttle.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Realizing how annoying it's going to be to start removing everything to put it back to stock. There's things I've gotten so used to I forgot they weren't stock like the folding mirrors.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
I keep thinking about swapping the 3.6 from my wife's atlas into my gti.

Then I start thinking about supercharger kits and needing a turbo upgrade for the 2.slow going into the Atlas and the cost keeps going up.

Then I remember that I would have to get her buy in on this whole shitstorm project.

edsonmassao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
DSG GTI 2017
44000 km ~ 27300 miles

Installed a resonator delete with a catless downpipe...and I liked it (but it's still the first week in this setup).

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
And how does that make you feel?

JK, I can't imagine you really miss it. Just come to a complete stop before putting car back in 1st or blip the throttle.
Tell that to the school pickup line :ROFLMAO:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I keep thinking about swapping the 3.6 from my wife's atlas into my gti.

Then I start thinking about supercharger kits and needing a turbo upgrade for the 2.slow going into the Atlas and the cost keeps going up.

Then I remember that I would have to get her buy in on this whole shitstorm project.

Do it!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
He's not going to, he's just typing.

Back in the day, I typed a lot about conversion the rear floor plan in my Corrado to the Rally Golf, making it AWD and supercharging it.

It did not happen. 😪

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I need to work on the buy in from the wife. I've been dropping it into conversation. She's not on board yet
Dude - you're lying to yourself, you're lying to us. You are not going to swap engines in two almost brand new cars - one from another at that, without any mounting kits etc... Both of these cars would be out of commission for months, unless you are a super crazy fabricator - but you're most likely not, odds are you work in IT. Enjoy the Sneeky tune and potential turbo upgrade.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Dude - you're lying to yourself, you're lying to us. You are not going to swap engines in two almost brand new cars - one from another at that, without any mounting kits etc... Both of these cars would be out of commission for months, unless you are a super crazy fabricator - but you're most likely not, odds are you work in IT. Enjoy the Sneeky tune and potential turbo upgrade.
I might be lying to myself today, but putting the seeds of crazy out into the air means I still have a shot at doing some dumb shit down the line.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
He's not going to, he's just typing.

It's funny. I can find my old posts on a Celica forum from when I was 19 with a 1995 Celica. And just post after post of "Oh I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do this etc..." and none of it happened 🤣 You can still see it all the time, even around here. Luckily, I'm at a point where I can (and do) actually do that stuff now. It may have taken over a year (you can find posts from me talking about a turbo swap in summer of 2020), but it finally happened!