GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm getting the itch again, with evenings getting darker earlier, to install a custom light bar with hella lights.........

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Car hasn't had a proper was in I think about four months? In my defense Cali is in a state of drought which allows me to moralize my laziness.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
My car makes it known that it doesn't want to be driven until the rpms drop. If I start driving away then about as soon as it gets to 2700-3000 rpms it'll misfire. I literally can't drive until the rpms drop. I brought it up to Ed@EQT and he was just kinda like, wth are you even doing driving the car when it sounds like a diesel? I gave him a little bit of shit for that one. It's never done that on either of my tuned GTIs and my R didn't do that until it was tuned. I'm not sure how he can expect me to think that's normal, I'm still not sure it is.
From day one (when it was stock till now), I don't drive it without the RPM's dropping. I'm pretty sure it's going through it's "process" of it waking the fuck up from it's slumber.

All seriousness, I'm pretty sure it's preheating the cat for emissions until it's ready to roll when the RPM's drop.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I want to install a loud speaker in my front bumper with a microphone inside the car like cops have so I can yell at other drivers. “YOU ARE NOT DRIVING FAST ENOUGH TO BE IN THE LEFT LANE.”

There is no speed “fast enough to be in the left lane”. If you’re not passing someone you shouldn’t be in the left lane.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
From day one (when it was stock till now), I don't drive it without the RPM's dropping. I'm pretty sure it's going through it's "process" of it waking the fuck up from it's slumber.

All seriousness, I'm pretty sure it's preheating the cat for emissions until it's ready to roll when the RPM's drop.
I know that's all normal. All 3 of my VWs have done that. It's the part where I get misfires when I drive during that time that I'm not sure is supposed to be normal. Maybe it's because this car doesn't have SAI, I dunno. Can't say I've seen anyone else with this problem.

I am used to not driving until the rpms drop though. Ever since I got a ticket/warning with my vr6, the SAI was still going so the rpms hadn't dropped yet. That car was loud to begin with, so driving with the SAI on it was even louder.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I don’t know about you guys but as soon as I hear the starter engage, I make sure to floor the gas and hold it there for a couple minutes in neutral. It really helps bring the oil pressure up - helping to lube all the internal surfaces that much quicker. It’s especially important in winter temps as the oil is thicker and needs that extra boost around the engine. Been doing this for years with no issue 😤

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I don’t know about you guys but as soon as I hear the starter engage, I make sure to floor the gas and hold it there for a couple minutes in neutral. It really helps bring the oil pressure up - helping to lube all the internal surfaces that much quicker. It’s especially important in winter temps as the oil is thicker and needs that extra boost around the engine. Been doing this for years with no issue 😤
😂 If it ever misfires while doing that be sure to give your tuner some shit for it

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
You guys don't have a gas pedal brick in your car? You cold-start the car, put the brick on the gas pedal, let it rev to 8,000, then go back inside and finish getting ready for work.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
That's the most likely path (find an engine out of an Atlas/Passat GT) if I get there. After plotting a path with turbo upgrades, etc and seeing where others end up down the rabbit hole, feel like doing something more unique would be more satisfying down the line. It's not going to be an overnight or right away project, it's going to take a lot of planning and assessment (and cold hard cash).
My dude. What? You're talking about a rabbit hole and turbo upgrades. You'll be like one of five, in the world - maybe the only one - to try and swap a 3.6 in an MQB. That path isn't a rabbit hole, it's a fucking worm hole from Dune.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
😂 If it ever misfires while doing that be sure to give your tuner some shit for it
I gave him shit because he responded back like a troll when I reached out with a real question. Not because of what the car was doing.