GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

red9

Aah fml, i will go to an engineer tomorrow he might help me out. Will keep you updated 🤙🏼
they may beable to do a software update on the 4b module.
what is it you hope to achieve by fitting these lights in? do you have the lane assist camera installed?

Scrubby

Car(s)
Golf 7.5
No not yet, i might do it in the near future. I know it might sound crazy but i bought these ones because i like the double drl much more compared to the single drl.

red9

i take it your originals had single drl and single outer light unit?
these have double drl and twin headlamp units, to function properly with the dynamic light assist you will need the lane assist camera, ive not got one in mine but have mirror with high beam assist but that doesnt function the dynamic light assist just the high beam assist.
so what lights are working now on it? just headlamps?

Scrubby

Car(s)
Golf 7.5
Only my cornerlightning lights up all the time and 1 double drl, thats about it. Yeh, rn i have the mirror with high beam assist as well. I know the dynamic ligt assist won’t function well. The most important thing for me now is the headlights to work normal without any errors

red9

it sounds to me like the adaptions are not done properly, when i fitted mine i tried the rightside light first on the car without removing original lights, this was because the plug on left side would not reach... i coded the light in the 09 and all worked fine but was showing a basic setting fault, once i managed to fit both i had to check some coding again and delete out functions like multifunction camera and all was and is fault free.
if you go on obd11 away from the cr and not connected to the dongle, select your car and selec history button you wil see an envelope icon at the top, press that and it will generate a full log of the car , you can then email this to yourself

Scrubby

Car(s)
Golf 7.5
Ah thanks. If it is not fixed tomorrow i will defenitely send the settings i have rn tomorrow. The guy who wants to help me out was thinking he needed to pull some more cables, but this is not the case?

red9

depends on how many wires are at the headlamp plug, i think its 8, don`t let nobody touch the wiring.
2 can wires orange and brown/blue
1 thick yellow
2 brown
1 blue and white
2 black and purple i have
unsure which side headlamp thats for though. but both headlamps have 8 wires each, if yours don`t have 8 then maybe you will need to find out which ones missing by checking on this thread.

CeeDuS

Car(s)
Golf 7
Hi all
I followed this instruction and nothing works for me, I think the problem is in firmware 4В,
eh someone has this firmware?

Scrubby

Car(s)
Golf 7.5
Allright, my headlights are finaly fixed! Although i already had single drl led, to switch to double drl they still had to do some quick wiring. It took him about an hour to change some wires and install the modules correctly. Thanks for all the help and answers right here 👌🏼👊🏼

AWD4416

Ready to race!
I'm really glad you guys are taking on this amazingly difficult mod, its totally worth it. Been out the loop for a while.

@Scrubby Glad you got it sorted out 👊

@CeeDuS If you have a Golf/GTI, it looks like you have the wrong firmware on the 4B module "0367". It should end with 0346. But I do know they update the firmware on newer stuff so I might be wrong. If you do change the firmware, your probably going to have to download the parameters again via ODIS or VCP. Alternatively, you can buy a 4B module that was already coded for a Golf/GTI.

red9

I'm really glad you guys are taking on this amazingly difficult mod, its totally worth it. Been out the loop for a while.

@Scrubby Glad you got it sorted out 👊

@CeeDuS If you have a Golf/GTI, it looks like you have the wrong firmware on the 4B module "0367". It should end with 0346. But I do know they update the firmware on newer stuff so I might be wrong. If you do change the firmware, your probably going to have to download the parameters again via ODIS or VCP. Alternatively, you can buy a 4B module that was already coded for a Golf/GTI.
Hi,
on a different subject have you installed lane assist to your golf?