GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Hi,
ok, would you be able to assist me with coding in lane assist with mine? or is there a thread on here on how to?
thanks.
This is assuming you have a Golf 7.5, check out my original post with the coding for the camera. Lane assist needs nothing but the cool stuff needs VCDP to load the proper values. You also need the calibrate it if you haven't already. I can post up my current coding later.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...thout-changing-windshield.358776/post-7509584

red9

This is assuming you have a Golf 7.5, check out my original post with the coding for the camera. Lane assist needs nothing but the cool stuff needs VCDP to load the proper values. You also need the calibrate it if you haven't already. I can post up my current coding later.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...thout-changing-windshield.358776/post-7509584
Hi,
yes i`ve a 2017 golf gtd with the 8iu type headlamps fitted (now) it also has ACC from factory, i`m having the windscreen swapped so i can fit in the 3q0 camera,
I can`t seem to find much info on the pinouts for lane assist camera loom, i`m told 2 can wires need to go to the front radar?
then power and earth for the heater?
and coding it all in to the clocks, radar, 5f, and gateway??

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Hi,
yes i`ve a 2017 golf gtd with the 8iu type headlamps fitted (now) it also has ACC from factory, i`m having the windscreen swapped so i can fit in the 3q0 camera,
I can`t seem to find much info on the pinouts for lane assist camera loom, i`m told 2 can wires need to go to the front radar?
then power and earth for the heater?
and coding it all in to the clocks, radar, 5f, and gateway??

The thread that I posted my configuration on has a ton of info but its just not organized properly. The 3q0 camera has a direct CAN connection to the radar. Some people say their golf was pre wired, I had to run the wires. Disconnect your battery, then pop the VW emblem and look at the radar, you should be able to take it out as long as you have the battery is disconnected, otherwise I'm pretty sure you will need to get it recalibrated. If the radar has wires on Pin5 (CAN-H) and Pin 6 (CAN-L). If not run some wires to Pin 7 (CAN-H) and Pin 1 (CAN-L) on the camera. I had some CAN wires from my retro fits but it was too short so I used two strands that were already twisted from a CAT-6 cable.

Below is the 3q0 wiring

1618974975928.png

red9

The thread that I posted my configuration on has a ton of info but its just not organized properly. The 3q0 camera has a direct CAN connection to the radar. Some people say their golf was pre wired, I had to run the wires. Disconnect your battery, then pop the VW emblem and look at the radar, you should be able to take it out as long as you have the battery is disconnected, otherwise I'm pretty sure you will need to get it recalibrated. If the radar has wires on Pin5 (CAN-H) and Pin 6 (CAN-L). If not run some wires to Pin 7 (CAN-H) and Pin 1 (CAN-L) on the camera. I had some CAN wires from my retro fits but it was too short so I used two strands that were already twisted from a CAT-6 cable.

Below is the 3q0 wiring

View attachment 211046
Hi,
Thank you for the information, i`m getting a loom made up for this job , i`m more worried about the coding side of things, you say it may need vcp? also how does odis activate the PACC? some instructions would be appreciated very much,

thanks.

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Hi,
Thank you for the information, i`m getting a loom made up for this job , i`m more worried about the coding side of things, you say it may need vcp? also how does odis activate the PACC? some instructions would be appreciated very much,

thanks.
No VCP/ODIS needed for lane assist. Honestly, lane assist is neat at best, this changes if you have firmware 3Q0980654L 0610 (FL_3Q0980654_610.frf), as instead of bouncing off the lane lines, the car stays in the center and does take gradual turns. What I like is Traffic Jam Assist (VCP needed), I got it halfway working as I don't have the electronic brake... yet :ROFLMAO: . It makes the lane assist work with ACC below 40MPH.

As far as I know, you need a NAV unit to enable PACC- Predictive Automatic Cruise Control and I believe FEC codes are involved.

red9

No VCP/ODIS needed for lane assist. Honestly, lane assist is neat at best, this changes if you have firmware 3Q0980654L 0610 (FL_3Q0980654_610.frf), as instead of bouncing off the lane lines, the car stays in the center and does take gradual turns. What I like is Traffic Jam Assist (VCP needed), I got it halfway working as I don't have the electronic brake... yet :ROFLMAO: . It makes the lane assist work with ACC below 40MPH.

As far as I know, you need a NAV unit to enable PACC- Predictive Automatic Cruise Control and I believe FEC codes are involved.
Hi, what i`m actually after is which modules and what bytes/bits need to be coded in to add lane assist and PACC to the other modules on the car. For example does 44 module need to know?

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Hi, what i`m actually after is which modules and what bytes/bits need to be coded in to add lane assist and PACC to the other modules on the car. For example does 44 module need to know?
Sorry but I can't help with that as I never took the time to itemize everything that needs to be coded.

red9

Sorry but I can't help with that as I never took the time to itemize everything that needs to be coded.
Hi, i can see exactly why you never itemized it now - what a pain!! its all working now apart from the high beam assist, most is coded but module 09 has a missing message from FLA. any ideas?

EcN

Car(s)
GTI
Wow, when I retrofitted my previous car, it did not need this much work.

I see that this is for LED retrofit, but is this the same work for HID?

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
Wow, when I retrofitted my previous car, it did not need this much work.

I see that this is for LED retrofit, but is this the same work for HID?
If you meant the MK7 HIDs the DIY you're looking for is this.

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo

red9

hi, just to clarify the coding you have for the afs lighting does actually make the lights work properly as the dynamic light assist should?? using lane assist module?

AWD4416

Ready to race!
hi, just to clarify the coding you have for the afs lighting does actually make the lights work properly as the dynamic light assist should?? using lane assist module?
No, my lights don't support DLA. So my final coding gives you High Beam Assist. Check out https://www.ascoding.ch/ they do have the DLA coding there.