GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid Life GTI Journey

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Any fuel/oil line you take off you should replace the o-ring where it was removed (turbo or block).
I understand that part but the 2nd o-ring is slightly different then the 3rd row (of 3 orings).

Attachments

• F6624D27-D453-4395-9C8F-2A72A5310D10.jpeg
    F6624D27-D453-4395-9C8F-2A72A5310D10.jpeg
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 30

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Placed an order for the OEM fitment midpipe with @GTI Jake this morning. I've been back and forth with a "budget" on this car but the BAUN dp was something I wanted since I saw Jake working on one in person. Finding the used BAUN dp made the decision a little easier.

One of my favorite parts of building this car is the research, parts purchase, anticipation of parts arrival and install. Excited for this one for sure. I saw one of Jewel City's videos when he had a guy (Ian?) install his Vortex. They calibrated the wastegate with the turbo electrically connected but not installed, great tip as to not fumble around with the rod once the turbo's installed.

Now I need someone local to meet up with and talk GTI's!

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
For those that have removed/installed their turbo, was there any tool you wish you had for it? I have a decent amount of tools and one thing I picked up was stubby 1/4” triple squares for the line on the back of the turbo near the fire wall. Also looking for a guide to where all the the o-rings go. Maybe I missed it on EQTs site.
Stubby Torx also helps.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
When’s turbo install day?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
3 months later…
Took some vacation time while I’m off the road to get some stuff done. I started on the RSR Hybrid clutch install Friday. I have a family and other obligations so I’m taking my time, staying organized and enjoying the work.
I wasn’t super happy with the looks of the OEM flywheel so I ordered a new one from FCP. While I wait for it to arrive, I went ahead and pulled the IS20. I’ll be installing the EQT IS38+ in the morning.
Monday I plan on cleaning up the engine bay and fitting up the BAUN midpipe.
After the flywheel arrives and I get everything put back together I will be putting as many miles on the new clutch so I can reap the reward of the upgrades asap!
C5FADE6D-9A85-41E9-80E0-89D7E2A9013B.jpeg
30B81766-4BC7-4F2C-96C6-F15E5C6CAA31.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
EQT IS38 installed this morning. One of the supplied orings was way too loose so I had to break out my trusty oring kit. The clamps for the coolant lines seem like a one time use also in some cases, I had to replace a few with ugly gear style clamps.
I got a good deal on a EQT charge pipe kit but I’m not to keen on the fitment with the BAUN fmic piping. I really just wanted to hear what a turbo muffler delete sounded like. May swap the piping back to stock as I’m sure there’s not much benefit on a pump gas is38 setup.
AC2E6FFD-9B1E-450B-B76F-25257584FAE4.jpeg
2DBA78C1-310E-4E1A-AF37-8BB44E96D624.jpeg
5EE4AE69-DB08-4B99-B8D1-BF34A72D3B53.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What tune and fuel do you plan on using on the is38?