GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid Life GTI Journey

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Sounds good. Makes me want to get a cbe, but my rational side overrides the fun side

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Pulled the trigger on a Boomba shift knob today. Several members including @JerseyDrew77 have mentioned it throughout my build. When I looked them up I realized they were less than 30 minutes from where I grew up in Illinois.
I enjoy my shifter feel during normal driving but if I get spicy and the fluid heats up a little it starts to become more difficult to get from 1st - 2nd. I haven't replaced any bushings but I do have the DG Sigma Six and Super pin installed along with the bleeder block, clutch stop, and spring mods. Looking forward to comparing the weighted knob and shorter throw.

Edit: placed order at 7:58. Received notification of item shipped at 9:31. Same day!

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Update on the IE Downpipe. While I like the sound, I do not like the smell or the CEL I can't seem to get rid of. I installed a J-spacer and have adjusted in just about every orientation it will fit and I still get a CEL. So...It will stay on until the perfect one comes...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Update on the IE Downpipe. While I like the sound, I do not like the smell or the CEL I can't seem to get rid of. I installed a J-spacer and have adjusted in just about every orientation it will fit and I still get a CEL. So...It will stay on until the perfect one comes...
Maybe it needs a straight spacer? Search for a thread on spacers I started. Lots of good info there.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Maybe it needs a straight spacer? Search for a thread on spacers I started. Lots of good info there.
That’s were I found out about the spacers actually. I’m going to tinker for a while but will change it out in a few months.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Did you try the different sized inserts? Should have come with three.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The IS38+ just arrived from EQT.
Looking forward to the install.

4B0DB1AD-2949-439A-9E36-11C809AB0CB6.jpeg
90258AE5-5A1F-493B-8CBF-8DE3475F72BB.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The IS38+ just arrived from EQT.
Looking forward to the install.

View attachment 257961View attachment 257962
For those that have removed/installed their turbo, was there any tool you wish you had for it? I have a decent amount of tools and one thing I picked up was stubby 1/4” triple squares for the line on the back of the turbo near the fire wall. Also looking for a guide to where all the the o-rings go. Maybe I missed it on EQTs site.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI