GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Where is this? Interested in some of the tables Maestro doesn't have access to... particularly cam timing and ignition retard vs IAT.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Awesome work going on there. Keeping my eye on the flex fuel situation...

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Hell if you had access to cam timing, we'd basically have something similar to cobb. Also would be able to shave off 100 to 200 rpm of spool

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Hell if you had access to cam timing, we'd basically have something similar to cobb. Also would be able to shave off 100 to 200 rpm of spool

Ecutek documentation mentions setting "max rpm for scavenging to where your new hybrid stops spooling". I've located a couple of maps that it think might be for that. It's on my list of things to look in to.

Basically, if you set it up so that it's in scavenging longer, that overlap helps spool the turbo since you're pressurizing the exhaust with intake air. At least that's what I've gathered.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Hmm does that negatively affect EGT?

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I just received Cobb AP in the mail so will no longer be needing Eurodyne and Maestro obviously. Do you guys know how to unmarry Eurodyne from the car?

On another note I want to thank you guys for all your help! Thanks Diggs, J Peterman and Zumble! Sorry I was not able to contribute to this thread but I'm not a tuner lol and just don't really have the time to mess around w/this myself.

Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone with an S3 or an R that could see what category the related codes are set to? Specifically the P0413 code.

I am curious if instead of being coded at to be disabled if there is a categorization/numerical value that represents "not installed" as a default.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Anyone with an S3 or an R that could see what category the related codes are set to? Specifically the P0413 code.

I am curious if instead of being coded at to be disabled if there is a categorization/numerical value that represents "not installed" as a default.
Secondary air is set to 'not equipped' in a completely separate part of the CAL. I've compared mine to an R file.

I wanted to test it on my car but I haven't gotten around to it.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Secondary air is set to 'not equipped' in a completely separate part of the CAL. I've compared mine to an R file.

I wanted to test it on my car but I haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for the response. I kind of had a feeling that would be the case. Not a big deal in my instance as we don't have inspection in my state but figured if more accessible would be a "nice to have" if it was a simple MIL categorization change for cars equipped with SAI.

The P0413 code is interesting due to it being defined as "stuck open". My SAI does not run any longer on start up so not sure if it is the combi valve or the pump. Ditching it either way.