GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Silly questions but on FCP Euro, which ones are the stock OEM plugs? I thought OEM were some NGK but FCP has it listed as Bosch. As previously recommended in this thread, I'm gonna stick with stock for now since I'm currently on stock tune and only going stage 1+ at most. They have two OEM listed, and then a bunch of OE equivalents, makes it a bit confusing lol.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Silly questions but on FCP Euro, which ones are the stock OEM plugs? I thought OEM were some NGK but FCP has it listed as Bosch. As previously recommended in this thread, I'm gonna stick with stock for now since I'm currently on stock tune and only going stage 1+ at most. They have two OEM listed, and then a bunch of OE equivalents, makes it a bit confusing lol.

NGK are stock.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Weird how FCP has Bosch as the stock plugs, and OEM VW plugs are actually cheaper than NGK 94833 Laser Platinum.

Bosch makes a bunch of stuff that VW takes rebrands and slaps a 20% price hitch on it.

or Bosch makes it for VW and they sell it at a discount. I don’t know VW either owns or is in bed with everyone.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Good to run these on Stage 2 Unitronic?

Most tuners recommend 1 step colder for Stage 2 tunes. But really stage 2 is not that much more power over stage 1. I think you'd be fine either way, but 1 step colder is probably the safer route. NGK 91006 aka RS7 plugs.

kec789

Ready to race!
Just want to pop in and say thanks for all of the participants here! I went with the ruthenium's and so far, so good! I did new plugs and a Stratified DSG tune last week and my daily commute became even more fun. (I should've done that DSG tune a looooong time ago.)

Anyway, I appreciate all the info I found here while picking out some new plugs. Thanks!

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
0EBC1080-5290-45CE-AFE9-E296BCF57841.jpeg

Any thoughts here? Am I looking at potential blow by or running lean? Rs7 plugs on a Apr stage 2 tune

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
Also, it seems the threads on one of the ignition coil hold down/ground stripped in the head. It’s back in, grounded, but not holding the coil very tight.
Anything to worry about? I guess my plan is to find studs and liquid metal it. 🙄