GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Finally buying spark plugs since I'm making an order from FCP and was gonna pull the trigger on the NGK 94833 Laser Platinum Plug. Then I came across the NGK 95125 Ruthenium HX mentioned in another thread and it appears they're also designed OE but better? I can get them for cheaper at Rock Auto. Should I be buying this instead? Car is bone stock with plans to track later this summer if COVID-19 situation improves, and my car is ready.

Both show up as the proper NGK part according to their site.

mw1978

Ready to race!
I’m using ruthenium plugs in st2 S3 without any issue. They are stock heat range. I did not gap them!

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
@Diggs24

You still rocking the Ruth's?

I've had them in forever, through the JB4, and now EQT STG2 and still going strong with no issues.

Thinking of replacing next oil change, but have no reason other than "been in there a while" lol.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
@Diggs24

You still rocking the Ruth's?

I've had them in forever, through the JB4, and now EQT STG2 and still going strong with no issues.

Thinking of replacing next oil change, but have no reason other than "been in there a while" lol.
Would like to buy RX plugs but can only get them in the states and shipping and taxes is more than the plugs cost.
Checked my NGK PLFER7A8EG the other day and they looked great after about 5k miles, almost like new and not overheated on my EQT stage 2 E-blend tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Would like to buy RX plugs but can only get them in the states and shipping and taxes is more than the plugs cost.
Checked my NGK PLFER7A8EG the other day and they looked great after about 5k miles, almost like new and not overheated on my EQT stage 2 E-blend tune.

Where do you get those NGK plugs?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Any partsstore in Europe, they are the NGK R stock replacement Laser Platinum plugs.

You said that you would like to get the RX plugs. Did you mean the RS7 plugs? If you did those are NGK plugs also so your partstore should be able to get them or already have them.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
You said that you would like to get the RX plugs. Did you mean the RS7 plugs? If you did those are NGK plugs also so your partstore should be able to get them or already have them.
No I meant the Ruthenium HX I thought they where called RX, but yes I can get NGK RS7 or the pricey racingplugs in Europe.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No I meant the Ruthenium HX I thought they where called RX, but yes I can get NGK RS7 or the pricey racingplugs in Europe.

The Ruthenium are NGK plugs also. If your local store is selling NGK I don't see why they can't get them. I use the RS7 plugs and they cost about the same as the stock NGK plugs.