GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Littco L450 on it's way over the pond!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Yeah yours has to be stronger up top than mine, and mine is making steam.

I wish you were local, would love to drive the two cars back to back...and street race obviously. :)
That would be great, I will say my next one will be a dsg lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
It doesn't have the torque hit the IS38 had, but man it fucking moves when you get the revs up. It's on 26psi now with 3.5 degrees of timing and it's as fast as the IS38 was on pump gas with way more timing. Not sure how much timing it'll take but we're going to find out.

I'm seeing 6-7 degrees in hot weather and 8-9 in cold weather on 91.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 11.34.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 11.34.27 AM.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 376

littco

Ready to race!
At 26psi and 28psi on our car we are still making power at the red line. You have to consider some companies are using the same sized compressor wheel and claiming 500 out of it! I think thats way to ambitious but at the levels this turbo will make around 450-460 it should still make that at the redline even if its set to 7200rpm.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
At 26psi and 28psi on our car we are still making power at the red line. You have to consider some companies are using the same sized compressor wheel and claiming 500 out of it! I think thats way to ambitious but at the levels this turbo will make around 450-460 it should still make that at the redline even if its set to 7200rpm.
Dan how do we go about purchasing the stiffer spring for the turbosmart plumb back

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, thankfully they sent the recirc Turbosmart.

I'm really liking this setup. Ed @ EQT is doing a great job with the tune so far.

I need to get the TCU tune adjusted ASAP to allow more RPM. It needs a 7K rpm shift point and limiter around 7200.

After 40k miles with the IS20 and IS38, it's kind of a strange sensation to have the car pulling harder and harder the higher you rev it.

It doesn't have the torque hit the IS38 had, but man it fucking moves when you get the revs up. It's on 26psi now with 3.5 degrees of timing and it's as fast as the IS38 was on pump gas with way more timing. Not sure how much timing it'll take but we're going to find out.

There's no signs of this turbo running out of breath up top. Torque curve is smooth and linear.

On ethanol this thing is going to make serious steam.

Will you be going with cobb tcu tune or APR stage 3? I need to get my shifts adjusted for my tomi as well but have been to chicken shit to go apr stage 3 and waiting for all the bugs to be sorted and custom tuning available for Cobb TCU tunes.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'm seeing 6-7 degrees in hot weather and 8-9 in cold weather on 91.

How much boost?

Will you be going with cobb tcu tune or APR stage 3? I need to get my shifts adjusted for my tomi as well but have been to chicken shit to go apr stage 3 and waiting for all the bugs to be sorted and custom tuning available for Cobb TCU tunes.

I'll see if they can change the max RPM shift point without changing to stage 3. I don't want some full race TCU tune for a daily.

My shift points are perfect right now, I didn't like this TCU tune with the IS38 but it's perfect with this turbo IMO.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I'll see if they can change the max RPM shift point without changing to stage 3. I don't want some full race TCU tune for a daily.

My shift points are perfect right now, I didn't like this TCU tune with the IS38 but it's perfect with this turbo IMO.

I haven't heard of APR providing adjustable shift points but that would be nice if that is possible. I too am liking APRs tcu coupled with the tomi for daily driving.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I haven't heard of APR providing adjustable shift points but that would be nice if that is possible. I too am liking APRs tcu coupled with the tomi for daily driving.

When I first got this tune, the APR dealer asked me what I wanted the maximum shift RPM to be and I said 6700. That's what I got.

Hopefully they can change it.

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
I installed my IS38 about a month ago and I really love the power, but Im looking to make a little more power safely and this sounds like a great option. With all of the IHI turbos taking a shit lately I wouldn't mind making the move to this hybrid. Im running on JB4 only at this point. Subbed to keep up with some member's progress. I have 93 available here and would be looking to start with a tune that would run 93 with stock fueling with FBO. Any Idea what the #'s would look like in that situation? My goal is a reliable 400whp but I will always take more if stock fueling allows it. As far as a tune goes I would most likely go for Maestro and an e-tune, would I run the turbo on the ED IS38 93 file to start and begin logging?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I installed my IS38 about a month ago and I really love the power, but Im looking to make a little more power safely and this sounds like a great option. With all of the IHI turbos taking a shit lately I wouldn't mind making the move to this hybrid. Im running on JB4 only at this point. Subbed to keep up with some member's progress. I have 93 available here and would be looking to start with a tune that would run 93 with stock fueling with FBO. Any Idea what the #'s would look like in that situation? My goal is a reliable 400whp but I will always take more if stock fueling allows it. As far as a tune goes I would most likely go for Maestro and an e-tune, would I run the turbo on the ED IS38 93 file to start and begin logging?
You will make more than 400whp safe with this turbo