GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LITTCO is38x - who actually runs one?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Also drops about 20lbs, and 304 stainless doesn't rust horribly like the factory exhaust :)

This, 100x. I don’t care if it doesn’t even make more noise. Having stainless that won’t eat itself to pieces is worth it’s weight in HP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
310 hp doesn’t seem like a lot on a turbo that is a bit hopped up over the stock IS38, but I would imagine that 93 would be at least 20 hp over 91. There are also some dynojet dynos that do not read high. Trap speed would give a better indication. Either way, a tune is not based around total power, but what is useable by the car.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Just trying to make myself feel better about my stock cat-back.:p

Get under the car, clean it with steel wool, dry it, wipe it with alcohol, and spray it with some rustolem. BBQ black paint. I used it on the exhaust side of a k04, and with the proper cleaning... it will stay. If you’re simply worried about the rust, that will prolong that from happening for a long time. If you want lighter, a little more power, etc... then get a SS exhaust.

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
The L450 is shipping today, so I’m getting ready to order the Cobb accessport. Should I add Cobb’s traction control on the tune?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
2* and 2psi more on that tune will be game changer, easily 35-40whp is my guess

time to put some torco unleaded in a tank of E30 and let her eat though with egregious timing and unreasonable boost levels!

also very happy to have Ed so active on the forums, and he will be the only one tuning and wrenching on my car when my is38x goes in

Cordes performance is an absolutely EPIC shop too, they build some of the craziest ish in the country no doubt

Let’s see if we can get this back on track.

Had my IS38X dyno’d on 91 octane recently at Cordes Performance in Tempe. 314whp/348wtq on a Dynojet (mods in sig).

I’m a bit disappointed with the results but, then again, it may be a lower reading dyno (my buddy’s 2nd gen CTS-V with pulley/intake/tune made 500whp on 91 octane for reference). Also, since they’re primarily setup for RWD LS powered beasts, there was no fan until run #3 (which was botched due to losing the RPM pickup).

I’m also curious if something is not quite right since, to my unprofessional eye, it looks like I have high WGDC (though I’m near boost target). Logs from my pulls: https://datazap.me/u/monkibouy/91-octane-dyno-cordes?log=0&data=4-7&zoom=1526-2460

Appreciate any input you may have.

Last edited:

CFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't IS20s make around 300-330whp?

I figured this turbo would make 380+whp. I guess maybe its just the fuel and timing. I see 10-12 degrees on the IS20 (now that I have an IC).

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Don't IS20s make around 300-330whp?

I figured this turbo would make 380+whp. I guess maybe its just the fuel and timing. I see 10-12 degrees on the IS20 (now that I have an IC).

I had a stock OTS UM tune on a stock IS38 making 335whp. No doubt a better tune will put the IS38x (lets call it L38X) above 350whp.

380+ is asking a bit much.