GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got my PP

dasgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
And I'm totally amazed by this car! Been cruising around in the snow and the diff is awesome. Lighting package is equally as good. This is the best car ever and light years ahead of any vw I've ever owned. Happy rant over. :D

thunderstruck1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Which dealer? All the ones in Chicago area I've contacted are clueless about the PP. Was this build to order or are they actually starting to hit the dealers?

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Congrats man, enjoy!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Very nice! Love seeing the performance packs stateside.

dasgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Thanks everyone!! People are so much nicer here than over on vortex. ;)

Which dealer? All the ones in Chicago area I've contacted are clueless about the PP. Was this build to order or are they actually starting to hit the dealers?

I ordered it from Autobarn Mt Prospect. They had one other PP but it sold pretty quick. I think they can locate one in VW's system and have it routed to the dealer. Eryk in sales can help you out.

HXP

Ready to race!
Nice car

Hi From Uk - looks good ! Now all you need to do is R66 in it which starts in your fair city - did it myself a couple of yours ago would be an epic drive in the Golf

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Did you call?

Did you contact the dealer I suggesting in another thread?
When I ordered mine in mid October, I heard that dealer had ordered 5 PP cars when this first opened up 2 weeks prior to my order.

They did not have DCC as this item was not available at time until my order was accepted as I wanted DCC.

That dealer was early one to order PP so should know how to do it.

Do you want to contact my dealer and see if they can oder? Then ask your dealer what is wrong with them?
Call Village VW in Chattanooga TN. Ask for Lynn.

Let us know status.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
And I'm totally amazed by this car! Been cruising around in the snow and the diff is awesome. Lighting package is equally as good. This is the best car ever and light years ahead of any vw I've ever owned. Happy rant over. :D

Glad to hear you like.
Tell us more after you drive some. Keep ranting!
My PP is close. May have in next week or so.

dasgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Looks great! What winter wheel/tire setup are you running?

Thanks! I got some cheap General Altimax snow tires from my neighbor's and mounted them on my Neuspeed rse05 17's that I had on my mk6. They're a little too nice for the snow but I had them and wasn't in the mood to buy something else haha!

The diff in this car is awesome. You'd be nuts not to get/wait for it. I was screwing around in a snow covered parking lot last night, turned the wheel full lock with the esc on and hit the throttle. Car rotates amazingly tight. They must brake the inside rear wheel while the outside front is driving. My R32 would have pushed and untersteered like a fat pig :D

Another note is the ESC system. It doesn't kill the power at all but seems to modulate it and when you get back on good traction it's instant power. I'm amazed.

Last edited:

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
I love two-doors.