GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Go get a shit bit from home depot and weld it on there.
Thinking about taking my sawzall and cutting them off.

Could us a DA & sand it off, then re paint the roof.

They didn’t really paint up there anyway, it’s more like over spray so that’s the only way it’ll look “finished”
I wonder if a heat gun would make it easier to remove them.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Installed a few parts over the Thanksgiving weekend. Ended up installing my Verkline rear trailing arms and my Plastics 4 Performance Lexan Polycarbonate windows in all the doors except for the two small 1/4 windows, because those were a bitch to try and remove the trim. The trim is glued on to those little windows and decided to just leave it for the professionals to deal with it since I would have destroyed it if I kept trying. Also didn't do the rear hatch because I will install that window in my new hatch, that is carbon fiber, once it arrives which I was told would either be by the end of November or December.

20221121_014004.jpg

20221121_014025.jpg

The OEM bolts on the knuckle were a PITA to get off. I had to use the bar to my floor jack and attach it to my ratchet for leverage and spray some WD-40 on the bolt to help loosen it up.

20221126_174042.jpg

20221126_174102.jpg

As you can see, the polycarbonate window is grey but not as dark as the tint on my windows. Next up is my RaceTech seat with a 5 point harness.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
20230112_232112.jpg

Just a small update... The V2 and Trackslag are both finally removed from my car along with all of the coolant and oil lines for the turbo. Next up is to cut new coolant and oil lines and install my G30-900 turbo kit along with my DBV2 FMIC. After that will be my Galano IM along with all new and bigger fuel lines, FPR, and inline fuel filter. My roll cage and race seat I will have a shop do that since I don't have any welding experience and will be the last items to install.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What are you going to do with the TS and V2?