GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have to admit, I could not imagine my car sitting at my shop for seven months with nothing being done to it. I’m glad you’re getting it back and that the other bits you’re adding are things that you can do yourself. So you’re getting a one- off intake manifold with no reserves. If anything happened to that IM, do you think they could fab one up for you for repair? Either way…can’t wait for pics

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have to admit, I could not imagine my car sitting at my shop for seven months with nothing being done to it. I’m glad you’re getting it back and that the other bits you’re adding are things that you can do yourself. So you’re getting a one- off intake manifold with no reserves. If anything happened to that IM, do you think they could fab one up for you for repair? Either way…can’t wait for pics
That IM is a solid piece that is a work of art so if something happens to it, it would have to be pretty serious but I'll keep my OEM Euro one with the PR MPI fuel rail as a reserve. Now for everything else that I still need to do, here's the list...

1. Install the G30-900 turbo kit
2. Install the big FMIC
3. Install the SQS sequential shifter
4. Install the Verkline rear trailing arms
5. Finish removing the interior from the front half of my car and install the race seat
6. Install a roll cage
7. Install Galano IM and all new fuel lines with associated parts

Might just have a "Go Fast Parts Install Party" at my place over a weekend and have some of you stay at my place to bang the majority of this stuff out.

Last edited:

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Kind of. Last week I purchased the very last Galano intake manifold. Prior to that, I sent the owner, Chris Doumbos, an email asking when the next batch of IM's will be produced and he said that they are not making anymore and they have 1 left. So I picked it up and he included their fuel rail for free. I am also replacing all of my fuel lines, fittings, in-line fuel filter, and fpr to bigger ones. They are all size -6AN and I am changing everything to -8AN because the Galano fuel rail utilizes an -8AN fuel line. I already have all of the new stuff coming with some additional items to help with the increased fuel pressure.
Damn that intake manifold looks choice. Do you know anyone who's installed one that has any dyno numbers before and after the install? I wonder what gains there are to be had with it.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
My friend just installed the sqs on his mk4 VR car while he is waiting for the dog box to get built as well… but even with the stock trans that shifter feels and sounds soo Awesome! You are going to love it. It’s a crazy feeling to just bang the gears back and done shift it forward, and the solenoid assists works really well.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
My friend just installed the sqs on his mk4 VR car while he is waiting for the dog box to get built as well… but even with the stock trans that shifter feels and sounds soo Awesome! You are going to love it. It’s a crazy feeling to just bang the gears back and done shift it forward, and the solenoid assists works really well.
Are you referring to their Shift Cut Knob (SCK)? If so, that was an extra piece that I ordered with the shifter to make the shifts even faster and I can't wait till it's all done so I can drive my car and bang through the gears like it's nothing!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Are you referring to their Shift Cut Knob (SCK)? If so, that was an extra piece that I ordered with the shifter to make the shifts even faster and I can't wait till it's all done so I can drive my car and bang through the gears like it's nothing!
No he’s still on the regular round knob, the Whole mechanics has a power assist solenoid to push the shifter into the next gear/click so when it’s connected it feels even better than when your just testing it on the bench table to feel it click through gears.

Yeah with the dog box, shiftcut and this shifter it’s gonna be silly rapid banging the gears.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
No he’s still on the regular round knob, the Whole mechanics has a power assist solenoid to push the shifter into the next gear/click so when it’s connected it feels even better than when your just testing it on the bench table to feel it click through gears.

Yeah with the dog box, shiftcut and this shifter it’s gonna be silly rapid banging the gears.
Ok, yes, now I know what you are talking about.

The only downfall of the dog box is that I won't be able to drive my car on the street. I mean I still can but it will wear out the gears a lot faster if I do. A dog box is not meant to be street driven, only for WOT racing which is fine because that's what I want it for and I'll be using a trailer to take my car to the dragstrip anyways.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Might just have a "Go Fast Parts Install Party" at my place over a weekend and have some of you stay at my place to bang the majority of this stuff out.
aw yeah...bring it! You know me and Adam will use that as a reason to race over on 64E lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Glad to see the parts are showing up and you can make some progress! Hopefully those VA boys can come drink your beer and lend a hand.

Too bad you’re not closer, I’m officially in slow season as far as VW parts go (still busy with my long term & personal projects though).

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Oh we’ll travel Jake…lol…don’t tempt

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Just a little good update here...

I got my car back yesterday. Had it towed from my buddy's shop back to my house and worked on it last night to get it up and running again. For sitting for a little over 8 straight months, she started right back up without any issues. Took her out for a test drive late last night (inspection sticker expired this past August) and this race transmission just wants to go fast. I'll have to get some in the cabin video so you guys can see and hear it. Also, my Galano intake manifold arrives this coming Monday but next thing to get installed is the fmic and then the G30-900 turbo kit.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Just a little good update here...

I got my car back yesterday. Had it towed from my buddy's shop back to my house and worked on it last night to get it up and running again. For sitting for a little over 8 straight months, she started right back up without any issues. Took her out for a test drive late last night (inspection sticker expired this past August) and this race transmission just wants to go fast. I'll have to get some in the cabin video so you guys can see and hear it. Also, my Galano intake manifold arrives this coming Monday but next thing to get installed is the fmic and then the G30-900 turbo kit.
SHE LIVES!!!!!

Great to hear that the wheels are turning again Drew! Def want some in cabin shifting vids........

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
SHE LIVES!!!!!

Great to hear that the wheels are turning again Drew! Def want some in cabin shifting vids........
Yeah I was so tempted to take her out on the highway and just punch it but due to the state inspection being expired, I didn't want to risk it. Not until I hear back from my guy to see if he still does state inspections.